Roulette is a popular option for experienced players at casinos across the globe. Unfortunately, the various betting options and rules can often overwhelm new players. That is why many new players have turned to mini roulette.
This variation of the popular casino game uses a smaller version of the well-known roulette wheel and table. The equipment may be smaller, but you can still win major jackpots. You can even find mini roulette online at our recommended roulette sites.
It is easy to learn to play mini roulette. However, there are some key differences between the miniature and full-sized versions that you should be aware of. Keep reading for an in-depth look at the game of mini roulette.
How to Play Mini Roulette Online
In order to safely play any type of real money roulette game online, you will need a reputable gambling site. Picking the right casino site can be difficult, especially if you are new to playing online. Luckily, our experts here at The Sports Geek are here to give you a helping hand.
A gambling site must meet several criteria to make it onto our list of recommended casinos. First and foremost, it must be safe for players and have great security features. Also, the site must have a good user interface and offer a variety of casino bonuses and banking options.
|250% up to $5,000|
|280% up to $14,000|
|240% up to $12,500|
|100% up to $3,000|
|500% up to $2,500|
Once you have chosen the casino you wish to use, you will need to make an account. Luckily, our recommended casinos all feature fast and easy account registration processes.
After your account is made, the next step is to make a deposit. Make sure you check the bonus promotions section, as some bonuses require specific banking options.
Most modern gambling sites will have their games sorted into categories. You can usually find roulette games under the “Table Games” section. Also, you may find some roulette games in the live dealer section if available.
Mini Roulette Rules
If you are serious about playing a casino game, then you should take the time to learn the rules.
Understanding these differences is key if you want to successfully play mini roulette online.
Mini Roulette Table
Almost everything is smaller in miniature roulette, including the table itself. As with standard-sized roulette games, the table will have many of the betting options outlined for players.
Due to its smaller size, the layout of a miniature table will look slightly different than you are used to. Unlike American roulette, there is only a single zero on the mini roulette table. Also, the available numbers are in rows of four instead of 12.
Despite the restrictions of a smaller table, many people still choose to play. This is because the game is more simplified than the other versions. Also, the smaller table makes it easy to play on real money roulette apps.
Mini Roulette Wheel
As you have probably guessed by now, the roulette wheel is also smaller in miniature games. There are only 13 pockets, including the zero, on a miniature wheel. The smaller wheel can have major ramifications on the game itself.
These same bets in the mini version only have a 6-in-13, or 46.2%, chance of hitting. Another figure to be aware of is the house edge. Many platters prefer European roulette because it has a lower house edge than American roulette. European roulette typically has a house edge of 2.7%, compared to the 5.26% house edge in American roulette.
Should You Play Mini Roulette?
Ultimately, you should only play casino games that you enjoy. If you like playing roulette, then you should definitely give the miniature version a try.
However, you will need to go into the game with an open mind to have fun. The smaller wheel and table can take time to adjust to.
Also, the limited betting options could result in your favorite bets not being available. Despite these limitations, there are still plenty of reasons to give miniature games of roulette a chance.
Advantages of Playing a Mini Roulette Game
Many detractors have criticized miniature roulette games as being too gimmicky. While this may turn away some players, it can offer players plenty of benefits. Some of the biggest advantages of playing mini games of roulette include:
- Better odds than American roulette: Experienced roulette players know that the odds are even more stacked against them in American roulette games compared to other versions. The same holds true when you compare mini to American roulette games. The smaller wheel and singular “zero” pocket make miniature roulette odds better than American odds.
- Perfect for mobile gaming: Casino apps are fantastic for playing your favorite games on the go. However, the smaller screen on mobile devices can make it difficult to read a full-sized roulette table. Miniature games have fewer numbers available, and the smaller table fits perfectly on the screen of mobile devices.
- Easier for beginners to learn: Miniature games of roulette are often seen as simplified versions of their full-sized counterparts. The simplified outcomes and betting options make the game easier for beginners to learn. This can be a huge advantage for new players that could be overwhelmed by a regular-sized roulette table.
- Easier to win: Mini wheels only have 13 total numbers compared to the more than three dozen options on regular wheels. The reduced number of options make it more likely that you can guess the winning number correctly.
Disadvantages of Playing a Mini Roulette Game
There are plenty of reasons people love playing mini roulette games. However, there are also some drawbacks that players need to be aware of. Before you play, make sure you keep the following disadvantages in mind.
- Other roulette games have better odds: Miniature games are attractive because they have better odds than American roulette. However, most other styles, such as European and French roulette, have even better odds than miniature games. These other styles are also widely available, so many players opt to play them instead.
- It is not as challenging as regular-size games: The simplified gameplay in miniature roulette can be great for new players who still need to learn the game. However, it can also quickly become boring for advanced players. As a result, many players can become bored with miniature games relatively quickly.
- Needs to have the “La Partage” feature: The “La Partage” rule returns half of the players even money bets even if they use. This is a great feature that can dramatically decrease the house edge. However, without this feature, miniature roulette games have a house edge of over 7%.
- Lower payout limits: Mini tables have fewer numbers, so players are more likely to guess the exact outcome. As a result, casinos place lower limits on how much players can win each round. These lower limits can turn off some players.
Every casino goer has tried their hand at a roulette table a time or two. Mini roulette games offer new players an easier introduction to the popular casino game. For more help playing roulette, check out these online roulette strategies.