Mississippi State (10-8, 4-5) at Arkansas (13-5, 5-4)
- Time: 6PM PST | 8PM CST | 9PM EST
- Location: Bud Walton Arena, Fayetteville, AR
- TV: SEC Network
Mississippi State ended a three-game losing streak with it’s 95-56 win over Iowa State on Saturday. The Bulldogs are 2-2 on the road with wins at Georgia and Vandy while going to the wire in a 56-53 loss at Tennessee last week.
Arkansas had a three-game winning streak end with an 81-77 loss at Oklahoma State Saturday. The Razorbacks are 11-1 in Bud Walton Arena with the only loss coming to Missouri on Jan. 2.
The Hogs have a 33-31 lead in the tightly contested series and they hold a 28-27 margin over MSU since joining the SEC. Mississippi State has won six in a row in the series.
Vs. The Spread
- The Bulldogs are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games
- The total has gone OVER in 7 of MSU’s last 10 games and 9 of their last 11 roadies
- The ‘Dogs are 6-0 ATS in their last 6 games against Arkansas
- The Razorbacks are 2-4 ATS in their last 6 games
- The total has gone OVER in 9 of Arkansas’ last 13 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 7 of the last 10 meetings between the Razorbacks and Bulldogs
Last Time Out
Iverson Molinar scored 20 points and Mississippi State scored 51 points in the second half as the Bulldogs rolled to a 95-56 win over Iowa State in the SEC/Big 12 Challenge. The Bulldogs shot 51 percent from the floor and scored 34 points off of 21 Iowa State turnovers.
Arkansas dropped an 81-77 decision at Oklahoma State in another SEC/Big12 Challenge matchup as Conor Vanover missed a three from the top of the key with five seconds remaining that would have given the Razorbacks the lead. Justin Smith led the Razorbacks with 18 points and seven rebounds while Moses Moody had 17 and JD Notae contributed 13. The Hogs shot 48 percent from the floor on the afternoon.
|Teams||Spread||Money Line||Total Points|
|Mississippi State||+7.5 (-112)||+265||O 144 (-110)|
|Arkansas||-7.5 (-108)||-315||U 144 (-110)|
Bulldogs Stat Pack
- Mississippi State is 8-1 when at least four Bulldogs hit double figures.
- The Bulldogs are third in the SEC in points in the paint with 616 points while Arkansas leads with 682.
- DJ Stewart and Iverson Molinar are the third best scoring duo in the SEC as they combine for 35.2 points per game.
Bulldogs Grease Board
Mississippi State will not want to run against the Razorbacks on the road. The Bulldogs showed that they can play the slower pace and be effective in a near miss at Tennessee last week. MSU is 284th in the NCAA in average possession length at 18.3 seconds while the Razorbacks are a much faster 15.7 (33rd/NCAA). This will bring into play a solid post game of Tolu Smith and Abdul Ado vs. Connor Vanover down low. Smith (12.9 ppg, 8.6 rpg) shoots 57.6 percent from the floor while Ado (5.4 ppg, 6.7 rpg) is more of a defensive presence with his 34 blocks. Stewart and Molinar will tee it up against anyone; however, playing the slower tempo and limiting the Hogs to one shot on the offensive end is the best chance for MSU to win.
Razorbacks Stat Pack
- In the last four games, Arkansas has shot at least 46 percent from the field and have shot a combined 50 percent as the Razorbacks have gone 3-0 in those games.
- Over the last four games, Justin Smith has averaged 12.5 points and 6.3 rebounds per game as 14 of his 25 boards gave been on the offensive glass. Arkansas lost 3 out of 4 earlier in the year when Smith was out with a high ankle sprain.
- The Razorbacks are ranked third in the NCAA with 91 blocks and have at least five blocks in the last five games.
Razorbacks Grease Board
Getting the speed game going before the first media time out would be a good idea for the Hogs, who also use the 3-ball (34.5%) with lots of tenacity. Connor Vanover is more of a 3-point threat, even at 7-3, as he has made 18-of-45 attempts with 22 made twos. JD Notae has been playing at a high level over the last two games as he has averaged 16 points per game in those two while Moses Moody is 19-of-32 in his last three games and is averaging 16 per game in those. Both of these teams are really solid on the glass as they are first and second in the SEC in rebound margin as MSU is at (+8.7) while Arkansas is at (+5.9). Mississippi State has outscored it’s last three opponents 14-7 on the offensive glass.
Winner: Arkansas 74 Mississippi State (+7.5) 71
Over-Under: Take OVER 144