USC Trojans (11-2, 5-1) at Oregon State Beavers (6-5, 2-3)
Time: 4 PST – 6 CST – 7 EST
Place: Gill Coliseum, Corvalis, Oregon
The Trojans lead the series 75-66, but the Beavers net a 41-32 margin in Corvalis. While USC took a 75-55 win in Gill Coliseum last season. Oregon State swept the series two years ago which was their first sweep since 2013-14. This season, USC has won six in a row after losing the Pac-12 opener to Colorado. The Beavers have had four games postponed due to COVID-19. They were paused from Jan 4 until Jan. 14 when they lost to Arizona, 98-64, before dropping Arizona State over the weekend.
VS the Spread:
- The Trojans are 8-4 ATS in their last 12 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 13 of USC’s last 20
- Troy is 8-1 ATS in it’s last 9 road games
- The Beavers are 3-6 ATS in their last nine games
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of the last 6 games between the Beavers and Trojans
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Oregon State’s last 5 games
|Teams||Spread||Money Line||Total Points|
|USC||(-10½) -110||–||O 139 (-120)|
|Oregon State||+10½ (-110)||–||U 139 (+100)|
Last Time Out:
USC took out Washington State, 85-77, in Pullman as That Eaddy scored 14 of his game-high 21 points. Evan Mobley had 16 and Drew Peterson had 15 and 11 boards for the Trojans.
Ethan Thompson scored 15 of his 17 points in the second half and dropped a pass to Warith Alatishe with 4.1 seconds left for a dunk as Oregon State shaded Arizona State, 80-79. Jarod Lucas made his first start for the Beavers and scored 18 points as he made 4-of-6 triples.
- The Trojans have held their opponents to only 36.1 percent from the floor this season – 2nd in the nation – as only three opponents have shot over 40 percent so far.
- USC averages 6.2 blocks per game – also 2nd in the country – and freshman Evan Mobley has 3.2 of those.
- Evan (5) and Isaiah Mobley (4) are turning into an unstoppable brother duo for coach Andy Enfield as they are first and second, respectively, this season. They are also first and fourth in rebounding – Evan, 8.8 and Isaiah, 7.6.
Trojans Grease Board:
The Mobley brothers on the boxes is where USC starts as Evan (16.2 ppg, 8.3 rpg) and Isaiah (10.2 ppg, 7.3 rpg) are tough matchups in the paint. Oregon State has a tough time defending inside as the Beavers’ opponents are at a 52.7 percentage inside the arc. Santa Clara transfer Tajh Eaddy has settled in one the point and has made 36.5 percent of his triples and will probably draw Ethan Thompson as the defender.
- Oregon State leads the Pac-12 and is 14th in the nation with 17 assists per game on an average of 25.4 makes per contest. Leading scorer Ethan Thompson checks in with 4.2 assists to lead the Beavers.
- The Beavs are 5-1 when Zach Reichle scores in double figures, but 1-4 when he misses at least 10 points.
- Jerod Lucas leads the Pac-12 in free throw shooting at 93.8 percent per contest while the Beavers are second as a team in netting 73.9 percent.
Beavers Grease Board:
Scoring the ball has been tough for the Beavers overall this season as they have an effective field goal percentage of 46.5 which is 284th in the nation. This is going to need to be a huge Ethan Thompson (16.1 ppg, 4.2 apg) game on offense as he has scored in double figures in nine games this season while dishing 5.5 assists on average in his last four outings. Warith Alatishe (9.0 ppg, 8.1 rpg) is Wayne Tinkle’s best option in the post, but can be foul prone, so Rodrigue Andela and Dearon Tucker have to provide solid defense if the Beavers have a shot at an upset.
Winner: USC 77 (-10½), Oregon State 69
O/U: Take OVER 139