Utah State (13-5, 10-2) at Fresno State (7-6, 5-6)
- Time: 6PM PST | 8PM CST | 9PM EST
- Location: Save Mart Center, Fresno, CA
- TV: FS1
The Aggies could be walking into the proverbial bees’ nest this evening as the Bulldogs have won five in a row at home and are 7-1 in Save Mart Center this season. Utah State’s 10-2 record has them one game back of 10-1 Boise State in the MW standings.
The Bulldogs won the back-to-back against New Mexico last weekend as Fresno State snapped a three-game losing streak. FS had five postponements to start the season which eradicated all but two non-league games. The Bulldogs have had only one MWC postponement while the Aggies have had two cancellations as none have come in league play.
Utah State has won 6 of 7 and 4 in a row in the series while posting an all-time 39-25 margin.
Vs. The Spread
- The Aggies are 11-2 ATS in their last 13 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Utah State’s last 9 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of the last 8 Aggies-Bulldogs games in Fresno
- The Bulldogs are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games
- The UNDER has been the play in 6 of the Bulldogs’ last 8 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Fresno State’s last 7 games
Last Time Out
The Aggies split a back-to-back at UNLV as they won the second game, 83-74, after a 59-56 dip in the initial matchup. Rollie Worster had 19 points, nine rebounds, eight assists and three steals as Utah State posted the nine-point ‘W’. Utah State scored nine points out of halftime to take a 46-34 lead and never looked back. The Aggies had five players in double figures as they shot 50 percent from the floor and made 10-of-19 threes.
Junior Ballard hit 4-of-6 triples in scoring 16 points to lead Fresno State to a 65-55 win over New Mexico to sweep last weeks’ back-to-back on Saturday. Two days earlier the Lobos took the Bulldogs to overtime before FS emerged victorious, 64-62. Deon Stroud had 13 points and seven rebounds as the Bulldogs held New Mexico to 35.4 percent from the floor.
|Teams||Spread||Money Line||Total Points|
|Utah State||-11 (-110)||-650||O 130.5 (-110)|
|Fresno State||+11 (-110)||+500||U 130.5 (-110)|
Aggies Stat Pack
- Utah State has the tallest team in the nation, on average, with an average height of 79.31 inches (6’9.3”.) Towering Neemias Queta is atop the chart and continues to lead the Aggies in scoring (12.4 ppg) and rebounding (9.4 rpg.)
- The Aggies are 50-9 under coach Craig Smith when Utah State’s bench outscores it’s opponents.
- Rollie Worster has averaged 13.3 points, 5.3 rebounds and 5.0 assists over the Aggies’ last three games.
Aggies Grease Board
You can find the gathering place for the Aggies around the three-point line where they have connected on 34.7 percent of their triples, led by Brock Miller’s 44. Fresno State has done a good job defending the three though as opponents check in at a 32.8 percentage. Neemias Queta’s presence makes Utah State a tough matchup where at 7-0 245-lbs., he is making 56.9 percent of his field goals. Queta vs. FS’s 7-footer Orlando Robinson will be an interesting matchup as neither team can afford foul trouble from either big man.
Bulldogs Stat Pack
- During MW play, Fresno State is averaging 2.2 more offensive rebounds per game than its opponents as the Bulldogs reel in 125 offensive boards to 101 for their opponents.
- Deon Stroud’s return home to Fresno has scored in double-figures in eight of the Bulldogs’ first 10 games this season.
- Isaiah Hill, who started his career at Tulsa, has averaged 10.2 points and 3.7 assists in his first season back in Cali as he is a Bakersfield native.
Bulldogs Grease Board
Orlando Robinson (15.5 ppg, 9.9 rpg) is an issue for anyone who plays the Bulldogs as he shoots 48.6 percent, third in the MWC. He and Queeta are one and two in rebounding in the league as well. Deon Stroud is the Bulldogs’ leading scorer in MWC home games at 15.5 points per game plus he has shot 53.4 percent from the floor and 50 percent from three. It will be interesting to see with whom the Aggies choose to defend Stroud who should have an edge in the matchup with his athleticism. Queeta plays a huge role in the Aggies defense as Utah State’s effective defensive field goal efficiency sits at 10th nationally. Isaiah Hill needs a clean game from the point as Fresno State averages 15 turnovers while the Aggies force 15.2 turnovers per game.
Winner: Utah State 71, Fresno State (+11) 65
Over-Under: Take OVER 130.5