Betting on esports, as popular as it has become, brings forth numerous problems, some of which could jeopardize the newcomers’ ability to adapt to the flourishing market. You see, the whole online esports betting ecosystem is focusing on experienced bettors, typically those coming from a sports betting background. If you’re just a gamer and you’d like to start betting on esports titles such as CSGO or Dota 2 but you have no prior experience with online betting, you could be in for a shocker.
While everything might seem simple and straightforward to experienced folks, beginners ought to have numerous questions. Typically, the biggest one is how to start betting on esports? It might seem silly at first, but people aren’t really sure how to start their esports betting extravaganza.
But, enough about that… This piece isn’t about esports betting basics! While it does serve as somewhat of a guide, it focuses on one event of a single esports title, CSGO. As the title suggests, we’re going to talk about betting on ESL Pro League, the event’s history, most successful teams, schedule, betting options, and more.
To start everything off, here’s a quick guide on how to start your ESL Pro League betting campaign and find the best bookies.
Best Sites for Betting on ESL Pro League
Let’s talk about CSGO betting sites! We’ll start with talking about betting platforms that facilitate betting on one of CSGO’s biggest and most important events, ESL Pro League.
If you already have an esports betting platform you know and love, chances are it offers ESL Pro League betting options. If that’s not the case or you still don’t have a go-to bookmaker, perhaps the following list will help you out.
get_cta id=”262039″ copycolor=”cta-full-detailed”]
Interesting Facts About the ESL Pro League
- Not only is ESL Pro League the oldest league-like event in CSGO’s pro scene, but it’s one of the oldest competitions in general, too. It dates all the way back to May 2015, meaning more than five years of success for one of ESL’s strongest brands.
- In 2020, the 11th season of the ESL had to be revamped. This pushed the franchising system a bit, and it is expected to be a proper blast when it kicks off.
- ESL Pro League events are a part of the Intel Grand Slam. Additionally, PL events are also a part of the ESL Pro Tour as well as the BLAST Premier circuit, making it an immensely important event. It’s one of the most important ones in CSGO’s competitive ecosystem, come to think of it.
History of the ESL Pro League
In this portion of our ESL Pro League betting guide, we will focus on the event’s history. Obviously, an event such as the Pro League that goes way deep in history books, this was always going to be a long section. But, worry not. We cut it down as much as we could, hoping a more concise approach won’t scare away potential readers.
The Pro League kicked off way back in 2015, with the first European and American events.
And that’s as far as this ESL Pro League history section goes. All we’re left to do is show you the list of all previous ESL Pro League Finals winners. For a full list of all winners, please refer to Liquipedia’s ESL Pro League page.
|Pro League||Prize Pool||Winner||Runner-Up|
|Season 9||$600,000||Team Liquid||G2 Esports|
|Season 8||$750,000||Astralis||Team Liquid|
|Season 7||$750,000||Astralis||Team Liquid|
|Season 6||$750,000||SK Gaming||Faze Clan|
|Season 5||$750,000||G2 Esports||North|
|Season 4||$600,000||Cloud9||SK Gaming|
|Season 3||$512,000||Luminosity||G2 Esports|
|Season 2||$250,000||Fnatic||Natus Vincere|
How to Bet on the ESL Pro League
Betting on ESL Pro League is only going to keep on flourishing, following in the footsteps of CSGO betting itself. That said, if you’re interested in starting your own CSGO betting adventure, it’s best to get a head start and learn the basics before you start investing larger sums of money.
With that in mind, here’s a quick step-by-step guide on how to start betting on ESL Pro League.
- Decide which esports betting platform you’re going to use. Base your decision on cold-hard facts, taking key characteristics such as available payment methods, esports markets, and profit margins into account.
- Register for an account on your online bookie of choice, and confirm your identity by either authorizing your email or sending one of your government-issued ID cards.
- Start exploring the betting options provided by your new online bookmakers. Esports are usually in a separate hub or a standalone category, finding them shouldn’t be too difficult.
- The simplest wagers are match-winners, where you have to choose which team will win the given match. Simply select the team you think will win and enter your stake.
- Take things slowly. Don’t invest too much money in your first deposit, and stick with simple match-winners until you get a hang of things.
For more information, check out our in-depth online CSGO betting guide!
Betting on ESL Pro League FAQ
There are a few honorable mentions we need to emphasize here:
- Astralis with two global final wins and one EU win.
- Mousesports with one global final win and three EU wins.
- Team Liquid with one global final win, two NA wins, and a ton of runner-up spots.