The new English Premier League season is at our door after a long summer. Not even the 2018 World Cup could provide relief to die-hard fans of English soccer and finally the wait is over. One of the most exciting games of the opening weekend will be played at Anfield, where Liverpool will host West Ham.
The Reds are entering the 2018/19 season as the second-favorites for the English Premier League Title. The club and its fanbase have been starving for success since 1990, which is the last year that Liverpool have won a Premier League title.
In this betting preview, I will try to bring the game a bit closer to you and point out some important information that you could use when you make your betting decisions this Sunday. Feel free to check it out and get up to speed on the latest news for the game.
Liverpool vs West Ham
Kickoff: August 12th, 2018 at 14:30 CET (8:30AM EST)
Provisional Starting Lineups:
GK – Allison, Defense – Clyne, Robertson, Gomez, Van Dijk, Midfield – Milner, Keita, Wijnaldum, Attack – Mane, Salah, Firmino
GK – Fabianski, Defense – Fredericks, Masuaku, Diop, Ogbonna, Midfield – Obiang, Wilshere, Noble, Anderson Attack – Yarmolenko, Arnautovic
Liverpool vs West Ham History
Liverpool and West Ham have a long history of matches with the first official game between two sides played in 1901, when Liverpool won 1-0 in the FA Cup. Since then the two sides have played each other in 137 official matches.
Liverpool holds the advantage in the head-to-head record as they have won 73 games, along with 36 draws and 28 wins by West Ham. The matchup has been mostly one-sided over the years, something that was also apparent last season when Liverpool demolished West Ham in both games by a result of 4-1. Liverpool are undefeated when facing West Ham in their last 6 games, with 3 wins and 3 draws.
Stats and Info You Should Consider
I have prepared a list of stats and info that you might find useful when making your betting decision on the game.
- Liverpool have the edge in head-to-head matches as they have won 73 matches, drawn 36 and lost 28 when playing West Ham
- Liverpool are undefeated in their last 6 games against West Ham United with 3 wins and 3 draws.
- West Ham have won only 1 out of the last 17 matches they have played at Anfield. They have recorded 1 win, 2 draws and 14 losses in those 17 games.
- Liverpool vs West Ham matches have been high-scoring affairs, as the last 4 matches between the two sides have produced more than 3.5 goals each.
- West Ham have been undefeated in their last 5 friendly away games in the preparation of the English Premier League season, recording 4 wins and 1 draw.
- In 4 out of the last 5 games between the two clubs, both teams have scored.
Liverpool vs West Ham Betting Markets Preview
When it comes to the goals markets the sportsbooks are anticipating a goal-scoring explosion. Since the last 4 matches between two sides have seen more than 3.5 goals scored, it is difficult to argue against the -112 odds for the game to have more than 3 goals. This is as close as it gets to a sure bet in this game.