Let’s start you off the right way: by giving you all the information you need on the best blackjack apps that allow you to win real money. How do we know that these online blackjack apps are the best choices for you? We’ve done the research, poring over hundreds of possibilities to come up with the very best of the best:
|280% up to $14,000|
|300% up to $6,000|
Red Dog Casino
|225% up to $12,250|
Vegas Casino Online
|100% up to $11,000|
|250% up to $5,000|
Real money blackjack apps put the kind of casino action you crave literally into the palm of your hands. Whether you have a cell phone, a tablet, or even a connected watch, you can play the game as if you were sitting at a table surrounded by people. And you can do so without any of the hassles sometimes associated with the casino.
As technology has improved over the years, so too has the ability for gamblers to get all the action they need on games like blackjack without leaving their home. Websites which offer online gaming have become increasingly popular. But apps have become the hottest area of online gambling, thanks to their portability and convenience.
In this article, we’re going to tell you about real money blackjack apps that let you play one of the most beloved of all casino games. We’ll tell you about the technological aspect, in terms of choosing your app and knowing how to access it. And we’ll also get into the game of blackjack itself by giving you a primer of how to play and how to find the variations of the game that are best for you.
The Best Real Money Blackjack Apps
The reason that we provide these gambling apps with blackjack for you is that we know how important it is for you to choose an app wisely. This is especially the case when you are going to be putting actual money on the line. If you don’t choose with a little caution, you could end up losing that money, and not because you ended up with some poor hands.
It’s understandable that you might get excited about getting started with your real money blackjack apps. But it’s a good idea to take some time to do your due diligence. Later in this article, we’ll explain how we chose these online blackjack apps, giving you the tools to make the decisions on your own.
Playing Real Money Blackjack on an App
We’ll show you the technical aspects of actually choosing and downloading your real money blackjack app a little bit farther on in the article. But let’s first give you a primer on how to actually play the game. After all, we know that many of you reading might be completely new to the game and that online blackjack apps for money might be your first taste of it.
Let’s start with the object of the game: to beat the dealer. You might have heard that the object is to get a hand with a value as close to 21 without going over. But the fact is that you won’t win unless your hand beats the dealer’s, so that should be the driving force behind your strategy.
You’ll start each hand of real money blackjack by placing a bet. Different online blackjack apps will set different limits in terms of the minimum and maximum amounts allows at the virtual table. If you wish, you can change your bet up every time by toggling through different amounts on the screen, or you can simply bet the same amount every time if you wish.
This is one of the key areas of difference between online blackjack play and casino action. In a casino, you’ll be getting cards from the “shoe,” an apparatus with several decks of cards that is shuffled occasionally during play.
In blackjack apps for real money, the deal is determined by a random number generator which “shuffles” through all the cards in play before every particular deal.
You’ll receive two cards face up on the deal. (So will other players if you’re using real money blackjack apps which allow multiple players at the table.) The dealer will also receive two cards, but only one will be face up, while the other will initially remain hidden.
Blackjack Card Values
Each card in the deck is assigned a certain point value when you’re playing a blackjack app. Those values are:
You’ll add the value of your two dealt cards to see where you stand after the deal. This value, and knowledge of the dealer’s card that is facing up, will trigger your decision-making while using real money blackjack apps.
Winning and Losing
In blackjack, you (the player) will win the hand when the following occurs:
- You receive a value of 21 on your first two cards and the dealer doesn’t. This is known as a blackjack and earns you a payback of 3 to 2 (in most blackjack games apps) on your original wager.
- You end up with a value of 21 or less that is higher than the dealer’s final value. When this happens, you win the amount of your original wager.
- You end up with a value of 21 or less and the dealer goes over 21 (also known as a bust). Again, you win the amount of your original wager when this happens.
You will lose the hand, and your original bet, when the following occurs:
- The dealer has blackjack on the deal and you don’t.
- The dealer’s final value is 21 or less and higher than yours.
- The value of your hand exceeds 21.
In addition, there is a possibility you could tie the hand, which is also known as a push. This happens when you and the dealer either both have blackjack or end up with the same value, below 21, when all actions are taken. When you push, you get your original bet back and don’t win or lose anything.
Player’s Possible Actions
- Hit: You can ask for another card, which will then be added to your total. And you can hit as many times as you want. However, if your value ever goes over 21, you will bust and lose the hand.
- Stand: At any point in the hand that you decide to stand, you are telling the dealer that you are pleased with the value of your hand. From there, the dealer will take his available actions to complete the hand and determine a winner or loser.
- Double: After the deal, you’ll have the option of doubling the initial size of your bet. When you do this, you’ll receive one more card and your hand will be complete.
- Split: If the two cards you receive on the deal are the same value (such as 4-4 or jack-10), you may use one card each as the beginning of a new hand. Hence, you’d be playing two hands, meaning you’d have to double your original bet. Once you split, you will play the two hands separately from each other.
- Insurance: Insurance is a bet means to protect you from the dealer getting blackjack, and it’s available when the dealer has an ace showing. You can bet half of your original amount and will win 2 to 1 on the insurance bet if the dealer does end up having blackjack (although you would still lose your original bet). If the dealer doesn’t have blackjack, you lose the insurance bet and would play out the hand as normal to see if you win your original bet.
- Surrender: You can surrender the hand after two cards if you think you are at an extreme disadvantage based on your deal and what the dealer has showing. If you do this, you will receive half of your original bet and lose the other half.
Dealer’s Possible Actions
The dealer will turn over their hidden card once you’ve completed your actions. They then have only two choices.
- Hit: The dealer must hit if the value of their hand is less than 17.
- Stand: The dealer must stand if the value of their hand is 17 or higher.
Key Blackjack Rules to Know
The above description covers the standard format that you’ll find on apps for playing blackjack. But you might find games that change the rules slightly, which can occasionally affect your payback. Here are the rules that you should hope are in place:
- 3 to 2 payback for blackjack. Some games will lower that payback to 6 to 5.
- Dealer must stand on soft 17. A soft 17 involves an ace with a value of 11. If the dealer doesn’t have to stand on this, they can change the value of the ace to 1 and it gives them an advantage.
- Freedom to split more than once. Some blackjack casino apps will restrict you to a single split, even if one of the new hands that you make off the first split includes two cards with the same value.
- Freedom to double on anything. Some online blackjack apps will only allow you to double if you have specific values like 9, 10, or 11. That will limit your ability to play the game with ideal strategy.
- Less decks used. The more decks that are used when you play blackjack, the less your chance will be of getting blackjack.
- Surrender available: Some online casino apps with blackjack will disallow surrender. That also prevents you from playing the game with ideal strategy.
Learning Ideal Blackjack Strategy
It is important for you to learn how to play your real money blackjack app with the proper blackjack strategy in order to maximize your winnings. You can get away with poor strategy sometimes because of the luck involved with the cards you receive. But, after a while, your luck will even out and you’ll need to know the right way to play.
The best way to learn how to play is to consult a strategy chart. You’ll find these on many websites or within blackjack books. They are based on computer algorithms that simulate hands. And they’ll look something like the table below.
|Your Hand||Dealer Card: 2||Dealer Card: 3||Dealer Card: 4|
This is just a small portion of what a normal strategy chart might look like. You can see what you’re supposed to do in every possible situation. Strategy charts will also include advice on when to use the specialty blackjack bets like doubling, splitting, insurance, and surrender.
Blackjack App Payback
Real money blackjack apps offer excellent payback to players who play the game with proper strategy and find advantageous rules. You can usually earn, on average, somewhere in the neighborhood of 99.5 percent of your original bankroll.
The house edge on blackjack apps where you win real money is very minimal. It’s so minimal, in fact, that you could conceivably make a profit in the long run if you can also take advantage of betting bonuses offered by the top casino apps.
The Advantages of Real Money Blackjack Apps
We’ve explained how to play blackjack for real money. You can certainly take that information and play in a casino or on a top US casino website. Why then might you choose a real money blackjack app as the best way to play?
Here are just a few of the reasons why real money blackjack apps can be the best way to play your favorite casino game.
No matter where you are in the world, you can play a blackjack app as long as you have a device on hand where the app has been downloaded. Most commonly, that means a smartphone. But you might also have blackjack apps that are located on your tablet of even a smartwatch. They make iPhone blackjack apps and Android blackjack apps so you can play for real money no matter what device you own.
You don’t have to beat traffic and crowds to get to a casino, nor do you have to stay tethered to your computer to play on a website. Just open up the app and get to it! It’s that easy.
Freeing Up Space
If you’re playing blackjack on a computer, you might be forced to download software before you can get started. Or, if you’re using a website, you might not be able to play unless you have a certain media player in place. These restrictions can be frustrating when all you want to do is sit down and play.
With the best blackjack apps online, you don’t have to worry about any of that. The only thing with which you have to concern yourself is if you have enough data available to download the game. Make sure, if you’re on a limited plan, that you’re not going above your limit, and you should be fine for frequent play.
Variety of Blackjack Apps
When you go to a casino to play blackjack, you’re limited to the blackjack games that are on the premises. This can be frustrating if you have a specific game in mind and it isn’t offered.
But with reliable real money blackjack apps, you can search through the various app stores until you find the game that’s just right for you.
What You Should Be Looking for in a Real Money Blackjack App
We gave you a list above of the top-rated real money blackjack apps that we feel are the best for discerning gamblers like yourself. But what makes these the best online casino apps?
Knowing what characteristics make up a great gambling app will help you to choose if you want to do the research on your own. Take a look below.
All gambling apps should have some sort of guidelines letting you know the process of depositing and withdrawing money. If they don’t have these guidelines listed somewhere, it could be an indication that you could be in for some problems down the road.
Smooth Real Money Blackjack Gameplay
There is nothing more frustrating that getting caught up in a game of blackjack with real money on the line and having the app that you’re using somehow malfunction. If that happens, you might be at a loss about what to do, putting you in a tough situation.
The best blackjack casino apps that pay real money will be free of such glitches. One way to check this out might be to see if they allow free blackjack play on the app, so you can find out if there are any of these problems.
This might not be as important in the practical side as the characteristics above. But it can be nice to play a game that looks and sounds great.
Good graphics can spice up your blackjack play. When you’re playing hundreds of hands, that can make a real difference.
To get started with your blackjack app gameplay, you’ll need to first put money into a gambling account. And if the app in question offers limited options in this department, you could be frustrated if the method that you prefer isn’t included.
Most apps will accept certain credit cards as payment, while others might even feature alternative methods such as cryptocurrency. In any case, you should make the methods they accept and what you want to use as payment matches up in some way.
We mentioned above how using a bonus can push your expectations when playing a blackjack app into the black. In other words, these bonuses can actually give you a chance to expect a profit in the long-term.
The world of real money online casinos is extremely competitive. As a result, you shouldn’t settle for a real money app that doesn’t offer you something extra for giving them your business.
There might come a time when you’re playing a blackjack app where some kind of problem might arise, especially when real money is at stake. As a result, a top customer service team can really give you peace of mind.
One key to customer service is the ability for you, as a gambler, to get in touch with an app’s customer service team. From there, you should feel confident that they are working as hard as possible to solve your problems.
Real Money Blackjack Apps FAQ
Can Card Counting Work on a Real Money Blackjack App?Card counting in blackjack is only useful (and only moderately so) when cards go out of play for a while after being used. Online games tend to reshuffle the deck after every play, so it doesn’t really happen on a real money blackjack app. As a result, card counting isn’t worth the trouble here unless you are playing on live dealer blackjack apps
Do I Need to Learn Perfect Strategy If I Only Use Blackjack Apps Occasionally?Not necessarily. If you’re a casual player, it means you might not be playing that often and that luck will be more of a driving force in your results than anything else. But once you start to play more often, you should consider working on your strategy to ensure the best results.
Can I Choose a Blackjack App That Is Not Included in Your List?You can, but you should make sure that you check that app for the characteristics above. It’s certainly possible that some apps out there are under the radar but have everything you need for a safe, enjoyable gambling experience.
Conclusion on Real Money Blackjack Apps
We hope that you now have a deeper understanding of the world of real money blackjack apps. Use this article as a resource for when you’re making your choice and once you begin to play!