Even though you’re just a stone’s throw away from Las Vegas, the landscape for brick and mortar casinos in the state of Utah isn’t great. However, that doesn’t mean you can’t get yourself into the real money action from the Beehive State!
The top Utah online casinos give players just like you the chance to play your favorite games for real money right from your phone, tablet, or computer. You can also download the new Utah casino apps.
If you’re a fan of slots, roulette, blackjack, craps, keno, or any other popular casino game—you’re in luck. You can expect you find your favorite online casino games at one of the real money Utah casino apps or gambling sites we’ve recommended below.
|280% up to $14,000|
|300% up to $6,000|
Red Dog Casino
|225% up to $12,250|
Vegas Casino Online
|100% up to $11,000|
|250% up to $5,000|
How We Determine the Top Utah Online Casinos
Games – Quantity and Quality
The heart and soul of the best Utah casinos online are the games. Do they offer the games you like to play? Are these games high quality? Is the site constantly innovating and adding new and upgraded games?
These are three of the most important questions we ask when evaluating which real money Utah online casinos to rank the highest.
- Table Games
- Pai Gow
- Three Card Poker
- Ultimate Texas Hold’em
- Specialty Casino Games
- Lotto-Style Games
- Slot Machines
- Video Poker
Bear in mind, this is just a sample of what these awesome Utah casino apps and gambling sites have to offer. The full lists are even more impressive! And if you’re wondering how the Utah gambling sites we recommend measure up to the three questions we mentioned—yes, yes, and yes!
Bonuses – Options, Playthrough, and Eligibility
If you’re brand new to the world of gambling online in Utah or online casinos, then we have some exciting news!
You can get free cash, free play, and other bonus perks just for playing your favorite games online in Utah!
The best Utah online casinos use bonuses to attract new players (like you) and to keep loyal players coming back for more.
But it’s important you understand that not all bonuses are created equally and many different Utah casino apps offer different casino bonuses to get players engaged.
Here’s what we want to see when looking at bonuses to help rack and stack the top Utah casino sites:
- Options! – We want you to have several different options for the type and size of the bonuses you can choose from. Not everyone likes the same stuff, and it’s important that an online casino recognize and adapt to this.
- Favorable Playthrough Requirements – Online casino bonuses do have requirements you need to meet in order to cash out the money. This is completely normal, and it’s something you’ll see at 100% of online sites. However, some sites require way too much out of you, and we don’t like that. All of the top Utah gambling apps that we’ve laid out in our guide here have extremely player-favored playthrough requirements.
- Eligibility – Is the bonus open to everyone or just a small niche? While it’s great if a big bonus is available to the small niche you’re part of, that doesn’t help most people. For that reason, we favor bonuses with the most expansive eligibility.
Banking – Fast Payouts, Instant Withdrawals, and Secure Options
Getting money onto and off of Utah casino sites should be quick, painless, and safe. This means fast payouts and instant withdrawals, all done through secure integrations.
In the early days of online casinos, this was a big challenge. However, as digital banking technology has grown, there’s no excuse for real money Utah online casinos not to have their ducks in a row.
Here are a few takeaways about the banking options at the Utah casino apps we’ve recommended:
- The average casino cashout takes between three and five business days.
- The full range of cashout times is from one day out to two weeks.
- The speed of your cashout depends on the method that you choose.
- Cryptocurrency is the fastest.
- Checks by courier (through the mail) are the slowest.
- There should be no fees on deposits.
- Deposits should be instant.
- You should get at a minimum one free withdrawal without a fee every month.
Here are a few of the more popular online banking options you’ll see at the best online casinos in Utah:
- Bank Wires
- Credit Cards
- Debit Cards
- Direct Deposits
- Money Services
- Prepaid Cards
- Western Union
Review Process – Criteria, Updates, and Honesty
The final reason these are truly the best Utah online casinos that we want to talk about today is our review process. Unfortunately, all of the casino site reviews you find on the web aren’t always helpful, update, or on the up and up.
- No online casino can pay for a better ranking or higher placement on our lists.
- Our team of reviewers includes experts, professional gamblers, industry insiders, and regular people to give you the most rounded review possible.
- The rankings list is regularly updated to accurately reflect any changes.
Brick and Mortar Casinos in Utah
Your closest option would be to hop on the road or on a plane and head over to Las Vegas or Reno.
But what if you’ve never played online before? Is it enjoyable? Is it anything like gambling in person? We’ve included a few thoughts below to help you better understand the differences, similarities, pros, and cons.
Online Play vs. In-Person Play
- Utah online casinos are safer to use than gambling in person. This comes from the fact that you don’t have to drive anywhere, don’t have to walk through dark parking lots, don’t have to carry large sums of cash, and you don’t have to put yourself anywhere near any unsavory characters that might be hanging out at the casino.
- You can’t socialize as much online. If you love rubbing elbows with other gamblers, that’s not something you can really do when you play online. Yes, you will have chat boxes, and you can use live-dealer tables, but it’s not going to be the same socially.
- Gambling online in Utah is more convenient. Regardless of whether you prefer gambling in person or using online casinos, there’s little argument about which is the most convenient. When you play online, you can play from anywhere, don’t have to drive to any establishments, never have to wait in lines, and never risk not getting a seat at your favorite machine or game.
- The minimum stakes are lower at Utah online casinos. When you gamble in person, the minimum table game stakes fluctuate based on how busy the casino is. On slow days, the minimum is usually around $5 per hand. On busy days or nights, though, that can balloon as high as $25 per hand, which might be out of a lot of people’s budgets. Online, though, the minimum table stakes on almost every game are $0.01 per hand. And the best part? These never go up, no matter how busy the casino is. The only exception to this is the live-dealer tables, where you may see some fluctuation.
Additional Forms of Utah Gambling Online
There are two other forms of gambling that you can partake in through online avenues—sports betting and online poker. Each of these betting options comes with the same perks as the online casinos we’ve recommended, except the primary focus is on sports or poker.
In fact, many of the best real money Utah casino apps actually offer casino action and sports or poker under the same umbrella. This means that you can get all the action you could ever want in one spot.
If you’d like to see your options for poker or sports betting in Utah, we’ve included some helpful resources below. You can also download Utah betting apps to your mobile device and enjoy any of these other gambling options there as well!
Online Gambling Laws in Utah
Utah is not a state that takes too kindly to gambling in pretty much any form. This is the reason why you don’t see any brick and mortar casinos in the state, and it’s the reason why you don’t see any regulated online casinos headquartered within the state.
What does this mean for you? It means your only two options for playing your favorite online casino games for real money is to head over to another state or use offshore online casinos.
What’s an offshore online casino? Great question. It’s a fancy way of saying that the casino has its operations home-based somewhere outside of the United States. In the online casino industry, it’s common to see operations based in places like the UK, Isle of Man, Panama, Costa Rica, or Curacao.
The only real effects you’re going to see from this are bigger progressives and more international live dealers, which are both positives.
At some point, we’d love to see the state of Utah better lay out its plan for regulating and supporting the online casino industry.
How Do I Get a Bonus at Utah Gambling Sites?
Earlier in this guide, we talked about how many of the top Utah gambling sites online offer great bonuses to new and existing players. If you’re looking for directions on how to cash in yourself, you’ve come to the right spot:
- Decide which real money Utah casinos online you want to play at.
- Use the link at the top of the site’s home page to create your account. This automatically makes you eligible for the site’s top bonuses.
- Once your account is created, navigate to the promotions page (while logged in). This will show you everything that you’re eligible for.
- Decide which bonus you want to use. Make sure to take a few minutes to read through the terms and conditions of the bonus so you fully understand what you’re getting.
- From there, make your first deposit. If you’re required to input a bonus code, do so. The promotions page will let you know if you need to.
- Once you’ve completed those steps, check to make sure your bonus has been credited properly. If it has, time to have fun! If it hasn’t, reach out to customer support to get it corrected.
Tips to Find the Right Utah Online Casinos
- Know What Games You Want to Play – It’s going to be tough to pick out the best Utah online casinos for you without knowing which games are your favorites. Make a list of the games you like and which variations are your top picks before you start your search. If you aren’t sure, that’s okay! This tip is more for people who have already dialed in on their favorite casino games.
- Test Out the Games You’re Interested In – Before you commit to using any real money Utah online casinos, test out the games. Each of the options we’ve included in this guide is available to play completely free. You don’t even have to make an account at most of the sites if you don’t want to! Take a few minutes to make sure you’re happy with the quality of the games at the real money Utah casinos online you’re thinking about using.
- Use Multiple Utah Gambling Sites – What happens if you find a site that you love, but it doesn’t quite have everything you want? You can join two sites! There’s absolutely nothing wrong with splitting your action between multiple Utah casinos online to get everything you want. We call it being resourceful.
- Understand Your Bonuses – Taking advantage of an online casino bonus is exciting. However, to make sure that you have a great experience, take a few minutes to understand the bonus you’re looking at using. Look at the terms and conditions, playthrough requirements, expiration time, and any other parameters included in the details. This might not be the most fun thing to do, but it protects your online experience at top-rated Utah gambling apps.
FAQs About Utah Online Casino
Because nobody has ever been arrested and charged with real money gambling online in Utah, you can safely play your favorite casino games online without fear of running afoul of the law.
There are also certain steps you can take to keep your own betting account secure. Making your password difficult to guess and changing it regularly are a couple of handy rules of thumb to keep in mind if you're concerned about a third party hacking into your account.
Developing your skills takes time, which is why we recommend starting out by playing low-stakes games in order to get your feet wet before you attempt to reel in the big fish in games with more expensive buy-ins. Most of the best Utah betting sites have free games you can play in order to hone your skills before you start playing for real money, as well.