With over 2,000 regular season NBA games every year (2,160 after the change to a 72 game season), there are endless opportunities for you to make money betting on NBA basketball online.
Toss in preseason, exhibitions, the playoffs, and the NBA Championship, the list of opportunities continues to grow. This is one of many reasons it’s essential to pick a safe and reliable NBA betting site.
|125% up to $2,500|
|50% up to $1,000|
|50% up to $250|
|50% up to $1,000|
|50% up to $1,000|
All of your dreams of being a profitable basketball bettor can be dashed if you’re not using the right medium to place real money NBA bets online. In this guide, we’re going to share a list of the best NBA betting sites and break down why betting on the NBA online for money is the greatest way to set yourself up for fun, profitability, and success.
BetUS: The Best Real Money NBA Betting Site Online
- An incredible list of NBA bets, including point spreads, moneylines, totals, props, futures, and more.
- Lucrative loyalty program for regular NBA bettors to cash in on
- 125% sign-up bonus up to $3,125 with a 10x rollover
- Almost 3 decades in the industry (founded in 1994)
- Live NBA betting action available on several games all throughout the season and the playoffs
If you live in the United States and you’re looking for the best NBA betting sites, you don’t need to look any further than BetUS. The sportsbook team at BetUS has built an incredibly expansive US online sports betting experience that fully covers literally anything an NBA bettor could want.
You get action on all games, options for all bet types, a lucrative bonus structure, rewards for loyalty, and the whole thing is backed by the great Warren Sapp! Sure, he’s not a basketball player, but if you’re a sports fan that knows even a little about history—you know this man. Not to mention it’s a great nod in the direction of trust and reliability.
BetUS is just one of the many great NBA betting sites available for live basketball betting online. You can get signed up and start placing your bets now!
4 Reasons to Love Real Money NBA Betting Sites
1. They’re Easy to Use
The ultimate point of using NBA betting websites is to cash in on convenience. Even if you live close to a brick and mortar sportsbook, the best online sports betting sites should still offer added convenience. And all of that convenience starts with the NBA basketball betting sites being easy to use.
If it feels like you have to have a Master’s Degree in computer science to even sign up, it’s not going to be on our list of the best real money NBA online betting sites. Here’s what we want from the best places to bet on the NBA online:
- Mobile NBA betting apps, so you can bet from anywhere
- Well organized lobbies to find the games you want fast
- Easy sign-up processes that don’t take forever
- Clearly laid out betting slips to ensure you’re making the sports bets you want
2. They Offer Everything You Need and Could Want
The best NBA betting sites in the US offer flexibility. While it is smart to shop betting lines across multiple NBA sportsbooks online, you still want the ability to get everything under one roof.
This is especially true if you’re just a casual bettor! Here is what we mean:
NBA Betting Action On
- Preseason games
- Exhibition games
- Regular season games
- Playoff games
- NBA Championship
Extensive NBA Odds on All Bet Types
- Point Spreads
Apart from providing a list of the best NBA betting sites online, here at TheSportsGeek.com, we offer free NBA picks provided by our sports experts.
3. Did Somebody Say Free Money?
Every single one of these NBA betting sites offer VIP perks, welcome bonuses, and/or other lucrative rewards just for making your bets. While we have a dedicated NBA bonuses section further down the page, here are a few options if you’re looking to cash in right now:
- BetUS: 125% sign-up bonus up to $3,125 with a 10x rollover
- Bovada: 50% match bonus up to $250
- MyBookie: 50% sign-up bonus up to $1,000 with a 10x rollover
- BetOnline: 50% sign-up bonus up to $1,000 with a 10x rollover
- BetNow: 100% sign-up bonus up to $1,000 with a 10x rollover
- SportsBetting.ag: 25% reload bonus up to $250 with a 6x rollover
4. They’ve Got a Reputation and a Track Record to Be Proud Of
There certainly are perks to trying out the latest and the greatest with anything in life. But when it comes to where to bet on the NBA online for real money, we like the tried and true options.
Many of the NBA sportsbooks online we’ve recommended in this guide have been around for years or even decades! You don’t survive long in this industry unless you’re treating customers properly and giving them the online NBA betting experience they’re looking for.
- BetUS (Est. 1994)
- Bovada (Est. 2011)
- MyBookie (Est. 2014)
- BetOnline (Est. 2001)
- SportsBetting.ag (Est. 2001)
- BetNow (Est. 2015)
Betting on the NBA Online vs In-Person
Some of you may be brand new to betting on basketball altogether. However, many of you may have bet on sports before in person. And for you, the new aspect of this whole experience is the online piece. If that’s you, welcome!
We wanted to share a few of the major and minor differences between the two betting mediums. Ideally, this section either prepares you better for the switch or helps you decide which betting avenue is best for you.
Online NBA Betting Has More Options
The top NBA betting apps give you a lot more options when it comes to what bets you can make on a game. Yes, both avenues are going to have your usual suspects like spreads, moneylines, and totals. However, when you get over to things like props and more unique bets?
And that is all before we even talk about live, in-game NBA betting. Brick and mortar NBA sportsbooks just don’t have the technical capacity to offer that as an option. You’ll 100% have to bet on basketball online if you’re looking for in-game action (outside of halftime and quarters bets).
We’ve harped on it a lot already, but it deserves to be said again. Real money basketball betting online is far more convenient than betting on basketball in person. Here are some of the reasons we can say that so confidently and definitively:
- You can shop lines with the click of a button.
- You never have to wait in line.
- You don’t run the risk of the line changing by the time you get to the casino or the betting window.
- Your winnings are automatically credited to your account.
- You don’t have to leave the house if you don’t want to.
- No worry about getting shut out of a game because you don’t get to the book in time.
Do Real Money NBA Betting Sites Offer Bonuses?
Absolutely! And if you’re asking this, you’re asking the right questions! The best NBA betting sites compete for your business by offering a quality product and by offering perks. The perks you can get come in the way of deposit bonuses, VIP loyalty rewards, free bets, casino credits, and more.
Can You Bet On Other Forms of Basketball on NBA Betting Apps?
Yes, most of the top NBA basketball betting sites also offer action on other forms of basketball.
- Sportsbetting.ag – Best of the NBA sportsbooks online for international basketball leagues (Europe, Australia, and Asia)
- BetUS – Best basketball online sportsbook for NCAA (college) basketball betting.
Note: Every one of the NBA sportsbooks online on our recommended list have great NCAA betting action
Can You Bet on Other Sports at These NBA Betting Apps?
Absolutely! There are no basketball online sportsbooks that are 100% dedicated to NBA basketball betting. There are basketball betting sites that dedicate a lot of resources to the NBA (like the ones we recommend). However, they all also offer action on other popular sports like football, baseball, hockey, soccer, MMA, etc. Additionally, many of these options have attached casinos in case you’re looking to gamble as well.
What Types of Bets Can You Make Through the Best NBA Betting Sites?
As we’ve mentioned, the ability to bet on anything and everything you want is a critical element in the selection process of the best real money NBA betting sites. Much of that ability to bet on anything rests on the ability to bet different types of NBA wagers.
Here are the most popular types of NBA betting odds we need to see in order for NBA online sportsbooks to make our list:
- NBA Moneylines – This is a wager on which team is going to win the game, regardless of by how many points.
- NBA Spreads – This wager sets a line for how many points they expect each team to win or lose by. If the team you bet on outperforms those expectations, you win your bet. The team doesn’t even have to win the game to collect on an NBA spread.
- NBA Totals – Known as an over/under bet, the NBA totals wager is a bet on the cumulative number of points scored during a game. It doesn’t matter which team wins or which team scores the points.
- NBA Props – Where things start to get interesting are with the NBA proposition wagers. These are bets on the unique things that can happen within a game. Sometimes NBA props are just for entertainment, and sometimes they can be leveraged by a sharp bettor to make some real cash.
- Will Steph Curry score over 31 points in tonight’s game?
- Will the Rockets win the series in exactly 5 games?
- Will the National Anthem be over 1:31 in length?
- Which team will get to 10 points first?
- Will the team that scores first also win the game?
- Will the final total score be odd or even?
- Which team will win the NBA Championship next year?
- Which team will win the Eastern Conference Championship this year?
- Will the Celtics make the playoffs this year?
How Profitable Is Betting on the NBA Online?
The real answer to the question “How profitable is betting on the NBA online (or in person)?” is how good are you at picking winners and identifying value. Ultimately, the stats for the rest of the betting market don’t really affect you too much (at least directly).
That being said, it’s still super interesting to look at how the betting public does with certain sports compared to others. When it comes to the three biggest sports (football, basketball, and baseball), basketball falls right in the middle of the list.
The two preceding years, though, basketball is where casino patrons did the worst. Does this mean basketball betting online is going to be less profitable for you? Absolutely not! Remember, these numbers include ALL of the recreational bettors who don’t know what they’re doing.
Well, unfortunately, that data isn’t readily or publicly available. That being said, you can probably assume that Nevada is a good cross-section of recreational and professional bettors and can be extrapolated to other markets. We’d also theorize that more experienced bettors have moved their action online, which means the profitability online could be higher for all sports.
How Popular Is Betting on the NBA Online?
Speaking of fun data facts on the National Basketball Association, just how popular is betting on the NBA for money online compared to other sports. Well, data has the answer! A recent data study asked a group of self-identified sports bettors which of 10 different major sporting leagues in the US they were interested in betting on. Respondents were able to answer yes to as many of the leagues as they wanted.
The most popular sports league for betting in the US was the NFL with around 61% of respondents expressing an interest in betting. Following closely in 2nd with 58% yesses was the NBA! In third and right around the 50/50 mark was MLB.
|Sports League||% Interested in Betting|
|National Football League||61%|
|National Basketball Association||58%|
|Major League Baseball||53%|
|National Hockey League||32%|
|National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing||28%|
|Major League Soccer||21%|
|Women’s National Basketball Association||16%|
How to Pick Safe NBA Betting Websites
- Make a list of what features of real money NBA betting sites are important to you (bet types, line availability, bonuses, etc.)
- Take some time to explore some of the best sites for NBA betting online we’ve listed at the top of this guide.
- Test out creating a betting slip (you can do this even before you create an account).
- When you find NBA online betting sites you like, make an account!
- After you get signed up, make a deposit and give it a go!
- Remember, you can always cash out and move to different mobile NBA betting apps if you end up not liking the first one you try.
One of our main priorities is to ensure we provide our readers with a list of the safest sports betting sites online. By referring to our list of the best basketball sportsbooks online, and following the instructions above, you can start placing real money bets on the NBA in minutes!