With over 2,000 regular season NBA games every year (2,160 after the change to a 72 game season), there are endless opportunities for you to make money betting on NBA basketball online.
Toss in preseason, exhibitions, the playoffs, and the NBA Championship, the list of opportunities continues to grow. This is one of many reasons it’s essential to pick a safe and reliable NBA betting site.
All of your dreams of being a profitable basketball bettor can be dashed if you’re not using the right medium to place real money NBA bets online. In this guide, we’re going to share a list of the best NBA betting sites and break down why betting on the NBA online for money is the greatest way to set yourself up for fun, profitability, and success.
Best Betting Sites with NBA Bonuses
One of the best things about using online sportsbooks to bet on the NBA is the many bonuses and promotions available. Rewards come in a wide range of different forms, such as free cash from matching a percentage of your initial deposit, free wagers, and improved odds/boosted payouts.
The top basketball betting sites will also offer special promotions throughout the year – especially for flagship events like the Super Bowl, UEFA Champions League, and March Madness.
All in all, bonuses add significant value to any online sportsbook. Smart players will prioritize bonuses and promotions when choosing an NBA betting site – and know to open accounts on multiple sites to secure the maximum amount of free money!
Here are the best NBA betting bonuses being offered by top-tier bookmakers:
|Betting Site||NBA Bonus||Learn More|
|Bovada||$250 Welcome Bonus||Full Review|
|BetUS||100% Sign-up Bonus||Full Review|
|BetOnline||50% Welcome Bonus||Full Review|
|Sportsbetting.ag||50% Welcome Bonus||Full Review|
|MyBookie||50% Welcome Bonus||Full Review|
How to Choose the Best Online NBA Betting Site
1. They’re Easy to Use
The ultimate point of using NBA betting websites is to cash in on convenience. Even if you live close to a brick-and-mortar sportsbook, online providers still offer added convenience. Of course, all that convenience with an app or website that’s easy to use.
When choosing a betting site, make sure you can navigate the website to find games or events with ease, then select the wagers you want, and submit your bets without issue.
It shouldn’t feel like you need a master’s degree in computer science to even sign up.
Those websites don’t make the cut for our list of the best real money NBA online betting sites.
Here’s what we want from the best places to bet on the NBA online:
- Mobile NBA betting apps, so you can bet from anywhere
- Well organized lobbies to find the games you want fast
- Easy sign-up processes that don’t take forever
- Clearly laid out betting slips to ensure you’re making the sports bets you want
2. They Offer Everything You Need and Could Want
Other qualities to look for in an NBA betting site are flexibility and volume. While it’s true that the smartest handicappers shop betting lines across multiple sportsbooks online, you still want to choose sites that offer large varieties of wager types under one roof.
This is especially true if you’re just a casual bettor! Here is what we mean:
NBA Betting Action On
- Preseason games
- Exhibition games
- Regular season games
- Playoff games
- NBA Championship
Extensive NBA Odds on All Bet Types
- Point Spreads
A wide selection of options and wager types means you can bet on each given game in a multitude of unique ways. You can even put money on specific aspects of the contest, like how many rebounds a given player might record or the total number of offensive fouls called.
The best NBA betting sites provide tons of flexibility to bettors by letting us wager on every facet of basketball – that goes for individual games, playoff series, and the NBA season. More betting options mean more chances to capitalize on your predictions.
3. Did Somebody Say Free Money?
All the premier basketball betting sites offer VIP perks, welcome bonuses, and/or other lucrative rewards just for making your bets. It’s one of the biggest benefits of using an online sportsbook.
We’ll take a deeper dive into NBA betting site bonuses further down the page, but here’s a preview of a few bonus programs taking place right now:
4. They’ve Got a Reputation and a Track Record to Be Proud Of
There are always perks to trying out the latest and the greatest with anything in life. But when it comes to choosing where to bet on the NBA online for real money, we stick with the tried-and-true options – sportsbooks with a long resume and positive track record. You should too.
Many of the NBA sportsbooks online we’ve recommended in this guide have been around for years or even decades! You don’t survive long in this industry unless you’re treating customers properly and giving them the online NBA betting experience for which they’ve been looking.
- BetUS (Est. 1994)
- BetOnline (Est. 2001)
- MyBookie (Est. 2014)
- SportsBetting.ag (Est. 2001)
- Bovada (Est. 2011)
Betting on the NBA Online vs In-Person
Some of you may be brand new to betting on basketball altogether. However, many of you may have bet on sports before in person. And for you, the new aspect of this whole experience is the online piece. If that’s you, welcome!
We wanted to share a few of the major and minor differences between the two betting mediums. Ideally, this section either prepares you better for the switch or helps you decide which betting avenue is best for you.
Online NBA Betting Has More Options
The top NBA betting apps give you a lot more options when it comes to what bets you can make on a game. Yes, both avenues are going to have your usual suspects like spreads, moneylines, and totals. However, when you get over to things like props and more unique bets?
And that is all before we even talk about live, in-game NBA betting. Brick and mortar NBA sportsbooks just don’t have the technical capacity to offer that as an option. You’ll 100% have to bet on basketball online if you’re looking for in-game action (outside of halftime and quarters bets).
We’ve harped on it a lot already, but it deserves to be said again. Real money basketball betting online is far more convenient than betting on basketball in person. Here are some of the reasons we can say that so confidently and definitively:
- You can shop lines with the click of a button.
- You never have to wait in line.
- You don’t run the risk of the line changing by the time you get to the casino or the betting window.
- Your winnings are automatically credited to your account.
- You don’t have to leave the house if you don’t want to.
- No worry about getting shut out of a game because you don’t get to the book in time.
NBA Online Betting Bonuses
The most substantial difference between betting online versus going to a physical sportsbook is all the free money available to web-based handicappers. If brick-and-mortar businesses offer loyalty rewards programs at all, they’re typically reserved for players making massive wagers.
Online NBA betting bonuses are offered to new and old customers alike. Betting sites will offer sign-up and deposit bonuses, which often double the size of a bettor’s bankroll before they ever place a single wager! It doesn’t matter the size of their bankroll or whether they have a track record with the website.
The best NBA sportsbooks also enroll users in generous loyalty rewards programs. These bonus initiatives allow bettors to accrue points or reach certain tiers depending on the average size and frequency of their bets.
The more you play, the higher the returns. Prizes can range from site merchandise and free plays to cash back for losses and even vacations or vehicles.
Can You Bet On Other Forms of Basketball on NBA Betting Apps?
Yes, most of the top NBA basketball betting sites also offer action on other forms of basketball.
- BetUS – Best basketball online sportsbook for NCAA (college) basketball betting.
- BetOnline – Best of the NBA sportsbooks online for international basketball leagues (Europe, Australia, and Asia)
Note: Every one of the NBA sportsbooks online on our recommended list have great NCAA betting action
Can You Bet on Other Sports at These NBA Betting Apps?
Absolutely! There are no basketball online sportsbooks that are 100% dedicated to NBA basketball betting. There are basketball betting sites that dedicate a lot of resources to the NBA (like the ones we recommend).
However, they all also offer action on other popular sports like football, baseball, hockey, soccer, MMA, etc. Additionally, many of these options have attached casinos in case you’re looking to gamble as well.
What Types of Bets Can You Make Through the Best NBA Betting Sites?
As we’ve mentioned, the ability to bet on anything and everything you want is a critical element in the selection process of the best real money NBA betting sites. Much of that ability to bet on anything rests on the ability to bet different types of NBA wagers.
Here are the most popular types of NBA betting odds we need to see in order for NBA online sportsbooks to make our list:
- NBA Moneylines – This is a wager on which team is going to win the game, regardless of by how many points.
- NBA Spreads – This wager sets a line for how many points they expect each team to win or lose by. If the team you bet on outperforms those expectations, you win your bet. The team doesn’t even have to win the game to collect on an NBA spread.
- NBA Totals – Known as an over/under bet, the NBA totals wager is a bet on the cumulative number of points scored during a game. It doesn’t matter which team wins or which team scores the points.
- NBA Props – Where things start to get interesting are with the NBA proposition wagers. These are bets on the unique things that can happen within a game. Sometimes NBA props are just for entertainment, and sometimes they can be leveraged by a sharp bettor to make some real cash.
- Will Steph Curry score over 31 points in tonight’s game?
- Will the Rockets win the series in exactly 5 games?
- Will the National Anthem be over 1:31 in length?
- Which team will get to 10 points first?
- Will the team that scores first also win the game?
- Will the final total score be odd or even?
- Which team will win the NBA Championship next year?
- Which team will win the Eastern Conference Championship this year?
- Will the Celtics make the playoffs this year?
How Profitable Is Betting on the NBA Online?
The real answer to the question “How profitable is betting on the NBA online (or in person)?” is how good are you at picking winners and identifying value. Ultimately, the stats for the rest of the betting market don’t really affect you too much (at least directly).
That being said, it’s still super interesting to look at how the betting public does with certain sports compared to others. When it comes to the three biggest sports (football, basketball, and baseball), basketball falls right in the middle of the list.
The two preceding years, though, basketball is where casino patrons did the worst. Does this mean basketball betting online is going to be less profitable for you? Absolutely not! Remember, these numbers include ALL of the recreational bettors who don’t know what they’re doing.
Well, unfortunately, that data isn’t readily or publicly available. That being said, you can probably assume that Nevada is a good cross-section of recreational and professional bettors and can be extrapolated to other markets. We’d also theorize that more experienced bettors have moved their action online, which means the profitability online could be higher for all sports.
How Popular Is Betting on the NBA Online?
Speaking of fun data facts on the National Basketball Association, just how popular is betting on the NBA for money online compared to other sports. Well, data has the answer! A recent data study asked a group of self-identified sports bettors which of 10 different major sporting leagues in the US they were interested in betting on. Respondents were able to answer yes to as many of the leagues as they wanted.
The most popular sports league for betting in the US was the NFL with around 61% of respondents expressing an interest in betting. Following closely in 2nd with 58% yesses was the NBA! In third and right around the 50/50 mark was MLB.
|Sports League||% Interested in Betting|
|National Football League||61%|
|National Basketball Association||58%|
|Major League Baseball||53%|
|National Hockey League||32%|
|National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing||28%|
|Major League Soccer||21%|
|Women’s National Basketball Association||16%|
Safe Betting on the NBA Online
Anytime you’re using an online sportsbook to bet on basketball, safety should be your highest priority. That applies to the entire experience, from choosing legitimate trustworthy NBA betting sites to how you manage your bankroll and betting habits.
- Make a list of what features of real money NBA betting sites are important to you (bet types, line availability, bonuses, etc.)
- Take some time to explore some of the best sites for NBA betting online we’ve listed at the top of this guide.
- Test out creating a betting slip (you can do this even before you create an account).
- When you find NBA online betting sites you like, make an account!
- After you get signed up, make a deposit and give it a go!
- Remember, you can always cash out and move to different mobile NBA betting apps if you end up not liking the first one you try.
One of our main priorities is to ensure we provide our readers with a list of the safest sports betting sites online. By referring to our list of the best basketball sportsbooks online, and following the instructions above, you can start placing real money bets on the NBA in minutes!
Different Types of NBA Bets in 2022
Sports betting has evolved tremendously over the past decade. Nowadays, most online NBA betting sites offer their members a variety of ways to bet on games. Below are some of the most common types of NBA bets you are likely to come across in 2022.
NBA Moneyline Odds
Moneyline betting remains the most popular form of sports betting in the US. This is a wager on which team will win a particular game. Each team involved in a game is given odds to win a game and bettors simply choose which one they want to put money on.
NBA moneyline betting is about as simple as it gets. Make your wagers and cross your fingers that the team you wagered on comes out on top.
NBA Over/Under – Totals Odds
Over/under, or “totals” betting, is another very popular basketball betting option in 2022. This one allows bettors to make bets on whether the total number of points scored during a game goes above or below a certain number. It’s a fun way to bet on games without needing to pick the winner.
Most experts will agree that over/under betting is easier than traditional moneyline betting. It’s still recommended to put research into teams before making these types of wagers.
NBA Point Spread Odds
Point spread betting is likely the third-most-popular NBA wagering option available in 2022. This is technically still a wager on which team will win a game. The key difference to moneyline betting is that this is a wager on the margin of victory of a game.
The betting favorite will need to win by a certain number of points in order to cover the spread. The underdog team can lose by a certain number of points. This is a fun way to bet on teams in a more fair and competitive way.
These are just a few of the types of NBA bets you will likely come across online. Spend time learning about each one before you decide to put any money on the line.
Finding the Best NBA Picks
Not everyone has the time to do in-depth research into various NBA games before making their bets. That’s a shame, as this type of research is one of the most effective ways to make winning bets. Our experts provide regular NBA picks on all major games to help readers make the most informed wagers possible.
Careful consideration comes into all of these picks. We look at things like a team’s past performances, player injuries, and roster changes.
There is a reason why so many readers rely on our basketball experts to make their bets. We spend the time necessary to form in-depth and knowledge-based NBA predictions.
Head over to our NBA picks page here today.
Golden State Warriors vs Boston Celtics NBA Pick – Game 6
Warriors at Celtics Game 6 NBA Finals AI Prediction – June 16
Celtics at Warriors Game 5 NBA Finals AI Prediction – June 13
Boston Celtics vs Golden State Warriors NBA Pick – Game 5
Golden State Warriors vs Boston Celtics NBA Pick – Game 4
Warriors at Celtics Game 4 NBA Finals AI Prediction – June 10
Golden State Warriors vs Boston Celtics NBA Pick – Game 3
Warriors at Celtics Game 3 NBA Finals AI Prediction – June 8
Boston Celtics vs Golden State Warriors NBA Pick – Game 2
Celtics at Warriors Game 2 NBA Finals AI Prediction – June 5
Boston Celtics vs Golden State Warriors NBA Pick – Game 1
Celtics at Warriors Game 1 NBA Finals AI Prediction – June 2
Boston Celtics vs. Miami Heat Game 7 Pick – NBA May 29, 2022
Miami Heat vs Boston Celtics NBA Pick – Game 6
Dallas Mavericks vs Golden State Warriors NBA Pick – Game 5
Deposit Methods at NBA Betting Sites
Depositing and withdrawing money from online NBA sportsbooks are easier and more convenient than ever before.
As banking has become increasingly digital, and cryptocurrencies and payment processing apps gain popularity, players have a myriad of options at their disposal when funding their accounts.
Some of the most common deposit methods at NBA betting websites include:
- Credit Card – Depending on where you live, credit cards are an excellent banking method for online betting. The processing timeline is short for credit cards, meaning your funds are cleared for usage sooner. Companies Visa and Mastercard also provide cardholders with added security/fraud protection. Unfortunately, credit card deposits are blocked for residents in certain jurisdictions. For example, in the United States, federal law prohibits banking institutions from processing transactions with known gambling platforms.
- Cryptocurrency – The most popular cryptocurrency for online NBA betting is Bitcoin. However, many sportsbooks are accepting alternative coins like Ethereum, Litecoin, Tether, and Augur. Some sites take dozens of different cryptocurrencies. The primary benefits of using crypto are speed and anonymity. Deposited funds are delivered instantly, allowing you to start placing NBA bets right away. The transactions also allow you to move significant sums of money without banking institutions or government agencies being made aware or potentially blocking them.
- e-Wallets / Payment Processors – Another convenient way to deposit cash into your NBA betting account is using e-Wallets and payment processors like Neteller, Skrill, and PayPal. These services add a layer between your bank account and the sportsbook if you don’t want to share your banking info online.
- Bank Account Transfers – Most real money NBA sportsbooks allow users to deposit funds via bank account transfer. This is a traditional bank wire or ACH transfer, sending money directly from your checking account into your basketball betting site bankroll.
- Debit Cards – Debit cards are similar to bank account transfers; in that, they deposit money straight from your checking. However, you just enter your card number – as if making a standard online purchase – rather than account and routing numbers. Like credit cards, depending on your location, debit cards may be blocked from depositing or withdrawing from known betting sites.
Getting Started at an NBA Betting Site
Now that we’ve identified the top real money NBA sportsbooks, examined the qualities shared by the best sites, and discussed the advantages of wagering online, you’re almost ready to start betting on NBA basketball!
The following steps will help you turn what you’ve learned from this guide into action.
|Choose an NBA Betting Site||Check out our NBA betting site reviews, compare their bonus offerings, and visit some of the websites shared throughout this page to find the online sportsbook that best fits your needs. Go to your chosen site’s home page and click on the link that says “Sign Up” or “Join.” Fill out the general information to create your account, set a username and password, and confirm your account via email or text (if necessary).|
|Deposit Money Into Your Account||Once your account is created, you’ll need to deposit funds for use in the sportsbook. This is a good time to check if your basketball betting site offers special bonus deals for specific deposit methods. For example, a website may offer to match a higher percentage of deposits made with Bitcoin. Use whichever payment method is most convenient and enter the required information. If the transaction requires time to complete, you must wait until your deposit clears before placing a bet.|
|Claim NBA Betting Site Bonuses||Now that you’ve set up your account and deposited money, it’s time to claim all that free cash you’ve earned. Some NBA sportsbooks have a space to enter promo codes, which will then activate the promotion. Otherwise, go to your account dashboard to find the bonuses you are eligible to claim.|
|Start Making Bets on the NBA||We’ve made it to the fun stuff! Visit the sportsbook’s NBA section to find betting lines for upcoming games, season-long events, and prop bets dealing with all sorts of basketball-related outcomes. Choose a game and the types of wagers you’d like to make, and how much you’d like to stake. Then, submit your picks to make them official.|
|Cash Out Your Winnings||Finally, it’s time to enjoy the fruits of your labor. After another successful NBA betting season, why not cash out some of the money you’ve won? To collect winnings, go to your account page and request a withdrawal. Assuming you’ve followed the company’s guidelines and restrictions, the site administrators will approve your request shortly thereafter and send the funds to your designated location.|