What’s the greatest holiday of the year for college basketball fans? If you say anything other than March Madness, you’re wrong! The March Madness college basketball tournament is the single most exciting, action-filled sporting event of the year. And when you add in the rush of betting on March Madness, it gets even better.
In this guide, we’re going to look at the best March Madness betting sites, talk you through all your options to wager on the NCAA tournament, and give you some much-needed resources to get on the right track towards winning!
|125% up to $2,500|
|50% up to $1,000|
|50% up to $1,000|
|50% up to $1,000|
|50% up to $250|
The Top March Madness Betting App for US Bettors
It was a long decision process, but ultimately we had to award BetUS with the title of “Best US Betting Site for March Madness”. Here’s a little more info on why they stand apart from the others.
BetUS: 2021 Top Pick for March Madness Betting Online
- Futures odds available weeks before Selection Sunday
- $1,000,000 free bracket contest
- Fill out a perfect bracket and win $1,000,000
- Fill out a perfect 16-team bracket and win $10,000
- Fill out a perfect 8-team bracket and win $10,000
- 125% sign-up bonus up to $3,125 (150% with crypto)
- Live in-game college basketball betting
Contents of Our 2021 March Madness Sportsbooks Guide
- Must-Have Elements That Make Up A Top Tier Betting Site for March Madness
- Where Can I Bet on March Madness 2021 in the US?
- 2021 March Madness – Complete Schedule and Dates
- Best March Madness Betting Apps by Type
- Comparing March Madness Betting Sites
- Betting on College Basketball From Outside the US
- March Madness Betting for Beginners
- Additional March Madness Betting Resources
- Online March Madness Betting FAQ
Elements That Make Up the Best March Madness Betting Sites
Coverage of All Divisions and NCAA Tournament Games
When you include the play-in games, there are 67 games in the March Madness tournament every year for Division I. How many of those games do we at least want the option to bet on? All of them!
The best March Madness betting apps give you the ability to bet on every single one of these games for the ultimate in action throughout this year’s NCAA tournament.
Spreads, Moneylines, Totals, Futures, and Unique Props for all 67 Games
In addition to a real money March Madness betting site giving us the chance to bet on all 67 games, we also want access to lots of bet types. In particular, here’s our list of deal-breakers and must-haves.
- Spread Bets – A bet on an individual March Madness basketball game where you get to choose which team is going to outperform its expectations.
- Moneylines – The simplest March Madness bet on the market. Pick the team to win an individual game in any round. If you’re right, you win.
- Futures – This is a bet on a college basketball team to win the entire NCAA tournament. It’s a tough one to get right, but when you do, you get paid handsomely. Futures bets are available well before the tournament and the odds continue to adjust as the tournament progresses.
- Props – Proposition wagers are the category of March Madness betting odds on the more unique happenings of the tournament or an individual game. Here’s a very small sample of some of the March Madness prop bets available for this year’s tournament:
- Will a #1 seed lose in the first round?
- Will a #5 seed or higher win the tournament?
- Will a team from the SEC win the NCAA tournament?
- Will X player have over or under 12.5 points in the game?
- What round will X team be eliminated?
- Will there be a technical foul in the championship game?
Big College Basketball Betting Bonuses
Just like the players have to hit their free throws, we have to capitalize on the free cash available when betting at US March Madness sportsbooks. Okay, weak segue—but we tried. In all seriousness, though, college basketball betting bonuses are a must when wagering on the tournament. If there is free money available for something you’re going to be doing anyway, why not take it?
Here are a few of our favorite March Madness sportsbook bonuses:
- BetUS: 125% sign-up bonus up to $3,125 (150% with crypto)
- MyBookie: 50% sign-up bonus up to $1,000 (Only a 10x rollover)
- MyBookie: 50% sign-up bonus up to $200 (An unheard of 1x rollover. Bet it once, and it’s yours!)
- BetOnline: 100% first-time crypto bonus up to $1,000 (14x rollover)
- BetOnline: 50% sign-up bonus up to $1,000 (10x rollover)
24/7 Customer Service Available
The NCAA tournament betting action happens fast. And if you’re betting a lot of games, the odds go up that there may be something you need help with. Maybe you need a bonus explained? Maybe you put a bet in wrong? Maybe you’re not sure the terms of a bet in an odd situation? Whatever the reason, you don’t have time to wait around. This is why the top real money March Madness apps for betting have customer service teams around 24/7 throughout March and April (and the rest of the year) to help you out.
- Multiple methods to get in touch
- Agents equipped with the tools to actually help
- Knowledge about online college basketball betting and the March Madness tournament
- Additional staff during NCAAB tournament time to minimize or erase wait times
- Fluency in English
[ Back to Top ↑ ]
Where Can I Bet on March Madness in the US?
Online March Madness Betting Sites
- Never wait in line and risk odds changing against you
- Line shop between USA March Madness betting sites super quickly
- Cash in on bigger and easy to get bonuses
- Might be new and involve a learning curve if you’re used to sports betting in person
- Could be problematic if you don’t have good self-control
Steps to Bet March Madness Online:
Head up to the top of this guide and select one of the real money betting sites options.
Create your account, and make a real money deposit.
Navigate over to the NCAAB betting section of the sportsbook.
Pick out the wagers you want to make and add them to your virtual betting slip.
Confirm that everything looks correct, and make your bet.
Sit back and enjoy the games!
Brick and Mortar Sportsbooks
- Can ask agents questions face to face if you need help
- Can be an exciting environment to watch games in
- Might be able to talk to other bettors in the area for tips
- Expect to wait in lines, especially around March Madness time
- Many people in the US don’t live near a sportsbook property
Steps to Bet March Madness at a Brick and Mortar Sportsbook:
Use Google to find the closest sportsbook. Keep in mind that it may be connected to a casino property.
If there is one nearby, hop in the car and head to the book.
When you get inside, find the sportsbook and hop in line.
After you get to the cage, let the agent know the bets you want to make.
Make sure you check the odds when it’s your turn to bet to make sure they haven’t changed to something unfavorable.
Confirm your wagers are correct on your ticket before you leave the counter or window.
March Madness Bracket Pools
- Gives you action and a sweat throughout the entire tournament
- Chance to turn a small amount of money into a big win
- Options available with online sportsbooks or with friends/family/coworkers
- Private bracket pools run the risk of not paying out
- Your buy-in money is locked up for the duration of the NCAAB tournament
Steps to Get into a March Madness Bracket:
If you want to play in a March Madness bracket pool with friends, family, or coworkers, start asking around in February. If you want to join a March Madness bracket pool online, head to one of the college basketball online sportsbooks we’ve recommended (MyBookie, BetUS, or BetOnline).
Sign up for the tournament and pay the entry fee (if there is one).
Fill out your bracket when it’s time and certainly before the deadline.
Make sure you take the time to understand the scoring to know how much weight to put on upsets and other selections.
Watch the tournament and hope to win!
[ Back to Top ↑ ]
2021 March Madness – Complete Schedule and Dates
Well, it’s that time of year again. Get ready to gear up for 2021 March Madness- this will be a year like no other!
As per the NCAA, the tournament will be played entirely within the state of Indiana and the bulk of this year’s games will be played, specifically in Indianapolis. Selection Sunday is set to begin on March 14 and the Final Four will be played April 3 and 5, respectively.
Dates for the January preliminary rounds are currently available and have been released and posted by NCAA.
- Selection Sunday – 6 p.m. EST March 14
- First Four – 4 p.m. start on Thursday, March 18
- First round – 12 p.m. start on Friday, March 19, and Saturday, March 20
- Second round – 12 p.m. start on Sunday, March 21, and Monday, March 22
- Sweet 16 – 2 p.m. start on Saturday, March 27, and 1 p.m. start on Sunday, March 28
- Elite Eight – 7 p.m. start on Monday, March 29, and 6 p.m. start on Tuesday, March 30
- Final Four – 5 p.m. start on Saturday, April 3
- NCAA championship game – 9 p.m. Monday, April 5
You can catch March Madness via CBS Sports and Turner Sports. All 67 games will be made available for viewing on TBS, CBS, TNT, and truTV. You can also watch the games on CBS and Turner Sports digital platforms! Be sure to check out March Madness Live!
We told you this year was going to be unique. To comply with current COVID-19 restrictions, all participating teams will be accommodated with socially distanced dining and hotel rooms and precautions will be taken to make sure each team member is safely brought to and from each gaming arena.
[ Back to Top ↑ ]
Best March Madness Betting Apps by Type
The key to success when betting on March Madness online is choosing the right app or website. If you’re just looking to place a few recreational bets, then any of the sites we’ve recommended will work just fine.
But if you’re looking for something in particular, we want to oblige. Below, you’ll see our top picks for the best March Madness betting sites broken down by type.
Best Overall March Madness Betting App: BetUS
You’ve already heard a lot of the reasons why we love BetUS for betting on March Madness in the USA, but we want to jump up on our soapbox one more time. Why? Because this betting app is really that great.
Need a quick reminder why? Let’s go for it!
- Cash in on a welcome bonus up to $1,000
- Get access to a wide array of bet types on every single Division I game
- A mobile-friendly website that works on iPhones, Androids, desktops, iPads, and tablets
- Fast payouts when you win
Best March Madness Bracket Betting App: BetOnline
For only $10, you can get in on a $100,000 guaranteed March Madness bracket competition! 1st prize? At least $15,000 as of now. Not a bad way to turn $10 into $15g’s.
- Entry-fee raises to $15 closer to tournament time ($10 now as a promotion)
- Up to 20 entries
- No first-four games included
- Points for correct picks increase by round
- 1 point – 1st round
- 2 points – 2nd round
- 4 points – Sweet 16
- 8 points – Elite 8
- 16 points – Final Four
- 32 points – Championship Game
Best March Madness Betting App for Bonuses: Sportsbetting.ag
The reason Sportsbetting.ag takes the top spot for the best real money March Madness betting site is two-fold—its standard sports betting welcome bonus and specialty bonuses just for basketball bettors.
No matter what time of the year it is, bettors can cash in on a 50% sports betting welcome bonus up to $1,000. The wager comes with an industry-leading 10x playthrough requirement, 30-day expiration, and a small minimum deposit of $55.
Best March Madness Betting App for Fast Cashouts: MyBookie
When it comes to the action of March Madness—it’s fast and furious. And when it comes to getting paid for your March Madness college basketball bets, that better be just as fast. Our top pick for the best fast payout betting site for this year’s NCAA tournament is MyBookie.
The reason we give the award to MyBookie is that the site offers so many different crypto cashout options, which are always going to be the fastest options in the industry.
Best March Madness Betting App for Betting Options: MyBookie
Not only is MyBookie the winner for best fast payout March Madness site, but it also takes the trophy for betting options. Yes, you’re going to get all of the standard bets with any of the online sportsbook options in this guide. However, if you’re also looking for access to unique and sometimes down-right wild prop bets—MyBookie is your go-to.
This is the online sportsbook that let Super Bowl bettors wager on whether or not Tom Brady would yell at the referees before anyone else or if a coach would have their nose poking out of a mask.
With that sort of creativity, it’s worth seeing what the site has to offer for March Madness, it not only for entertainment value.
[ Back to Top ↑ ]
Comparing March Madness Betting Sites
|Welcome Bonus||US Restrictions||Mobile Compatible||Bracket Contest||Year Established|
|BetUS||100% up to $2,500||None||Yes||Yes||1994|
|MyBookie||50% up to $1,000||NJ, NV, NY, PA||Yes||No||2014|
|Bovada||50% up to $250||NJ, NV, DE, MD||Yes||No||2011|
|SportsBetting.ag||50% up to $1,000||None||Yes||Yes||2001|
|Betnow||100% up to $1,000||NJ, NV, NY, DE, PA, HI||Yes||No||2016|
MyBookie vs. BetUS
- MyBookie is unavailable in New Jersey, Nevada, New York, and Pennsylvania, but BetUS accepts bettors from all 50 states.
- The BetUS welcome bonus is 125% up to $3,125 (100% and $2,000 of that is for the sportsbook). The welcome bonus at MyBookie is 50% up to $1,000 with all of that being for the sportsbook. Both bonuses have a 10x rollover requirement.
- If you’re looking for a short-term betting site with an applicable bonus, the 10% up to $200 bonus at MyBookie with a 1x rollover requirement is perfect.
- MyBookie is known to offer slightly more prop bets on March Madness than BetUS with a lot of that being “wilder” and more unique wager types.
- Both online March Madness gambling sites offer futures odds early.
- The MyBookie mobile experience is slightly better when it comes to organization and finding wagers for the NCAA tournament.
BetUS vs. Sportsbetting.ag
- The Sportsbetting.ag welcome bonus is a 50% deposit match up to $1,000 with a 10x rollover requirement. The BetUS bonus is considerably larger at 125% up to $3,125 (100% and $2,000 of that is for the sportsbook) with a 10x rollover requirement.
- Both betting apps have a casino attached, but Sportsbetting.ag is the only option of the two with poker action.
- Sportsbetting.ag offers several free bet options where if you lose you get the wager back in bonus dollars. All of BetUS’ bonuses are deposit or reload style.
- Both real money sportsbooks offer some form of March Madness bracket competition.
- BetUS has a free entry tournament where you can earn $1,000,000 for creating a perfect bracket and $10,000 for either a perfect 8-team or 16-team bracket.
- Sportsbetting.ag offers a $10 buy-in tournament (increases to $15 at the end of the promotional period) with a $100,000 guarantee. First prize is at least $15,000 according to the most recent numbers.
Bovada vs. BetNow
- Bovada offers a VIP rewards program for continued wagering. BetNow is known more for welcome bonuses, reload bonuses, and vig-free wagers.
- Bovada offers a 50% welcome bonus up to $250 for sports bettors. BetNow has several welcome bonus offers to choose from ranging from 20% to 100% up to $1,000. Each level has a different rollover requirement between 5x and 10x.
- BetNow burst onto the scene in 2016 whereas Bovada has been around for over a decade (2011).
- Bovada offers live chat support but no phone support. On the other hand, BetNow offers phone support but not live chat support.
[ Back to Top ↑ ]
Betting on College Basketball From Outside the US
Even if you don’t live in the United States, you can still get in on the real money online March Madness betting action. Whether you’re from Europe, Canada, Mexico, or anywhere else on the globe—these March Madness betting apps work for you too!
- The currency is usually in USD.
- Your cashout and deposit methods may differ from those available to US players.
- The March Madness betting odds are the same no matter what country you’re betting from.
- Consider the time differences when you’re looking at deadlines to get wagers or bracket selections in.
[ Back to Top ↑ ]
March Madness Betting for Beginners
Pick out the best site? Get the best March Madness Odds? Bonuses? Playthrough requirements? If you’re getting lost in the jargon and firehose of information—take a deep breath.
Everyone started out as a beginner bettor once. What we’re going to do for you is offer some tips to help you feel comfortable and get into the real money betting action the right way.
Take another deep breath and check out these tips for online March Madness betting for beginners.
- Take Your Time – Unless the games are about to tipoff in two minutes, you have some time. Check out more than one of the top real money NCAAB betting sites we’ve listed here. You can see and do just about everything except make a deposit and make an actual bet without even signing up. When you find one you like, you can move forward at your own pace.
- Consider Line Shopping – Each March Madness betting app in the US will offer different odds and lines on the same bets. In other words, you can get paid more money and get better chances to win just by taking the minute to shop around. It’s not something you have to do, but it’s a great way to increase your chances of winning.
- Ask Questions – What should you do if you run into something you don’t understand when betting on the March Madness tournament online? Ask for help! Each of these sports betting apps comes with a robust customer service department. You can get email help, phone help, live chat help, and even help from the FAQ sections. Don’t assume if you’re not sure; ask for help.
[ Back to Top ↑ ]
Additional March Madness Betting Resources
Baylor Bears vs Gonzaga Bulldogs – NCAAM Tournament Championship
UCLA Bruins vs. Gonzaga Bulldogs – NCAAM Final Four Betting Pick
UCLA vs Gonzaga Final Four AI Prediction – April 3
Baylor Bears vs. Houston Cougars – NCAAM Final Four Betting Pick
Houston vs Baylor Final Four AI Prediction – April 3
South Carolina Gamecocks vs Stanford Cardinal – NCAAW April 2
The Best Early Bets for the Final Four
UCLA vs Michigan Elite Eight AI Prediction – March 30
76ers at Nuggets NBA AI Prediction – March 30
USC vs Gonzaga Elite Eight AI Prediction – March 30
Texas Longhorns vs South Carolina Gamecocks – NCAAW March 30
USC Trojans vs. Gonzaga Bulldogs – Elite Eight March 30
UCLA Bruins vs. Michigan Wolverines Pick – Elite Eight March 30, 2021
Bucks at Clippers NBA AI Prediction – March 29
Arkansas vs Baylor Elite Eight AI Prediction – March 29
- Free College Basketball Picks
- Computer Picks
- March Madness Betting Strategy Guide
- College Basketball Betting Strategy
- Best Online Sportsbooks in the USA
[ Back to Top ↑ ]
Online March Madness Betting FAQ
For example, BetUS offers a $1,000,000 online bracket betting contest. If you get a perfect bracket, you win $1,000,000. If you get a perfect 16-team or 8-team bracket, you get $10,000.
Additionally, friends, family, and coworkers can set up bracket competitions through online sites like ESPN and Yahoo. You aren't able to bet on these through those providers, but they can track winners and losers based on the ruleset you choose.
- 4 games in the first-four
- 32 games in the 1st round
- 16 games in the 2nd round
- 8 games in the 3rd round (Sweet 16)
- 4 games in the 4th round (Elite 8)
- 2 games in the 5th round (Final Four)
- 1 game in the Championship
[ Back to Top ↑ ]