Yep, esports betting is still growing at an exponential pace, a pace that would put other industries to shame effortlessly. Such massive growth is the result of several key factors that aligned perfectly for the flourishing industry. Several key factors and several massive esports titles that pushed the world of esports betting even further.
League of Legends is one of them, and LoL Worlds betting is leading the charge as far as betting popularity goes. But, despite that, beginners still seem to have issues with finding good esports betting platforms for LoL betting. If you’re among them, perhaps the following section on LoL Worlds betting sites can help you out.
|100% up to $2,500|
|50% up to $1,000|
|100% up to $1,000|
|50% up to $250|
|50% up to $1,000|
Even though there are bigger, more lucrative esports events out there, League of Legends World Championship (LoL Worlds) is still the most popular one. It’s the epitome of superb production value and the reason why League of Legends still stands as the most popular esports title in the world. Every LoL Worlds event is a worldwide phenomenon!
Take the last event as the perfect example. It had almost 4 million peak viewers, almost the same number as the two previous iterations combined! Considering such a massive number, it’s no wonder the demand for LoL Worlds betting online is at an all-time high.
Best Sites for Betting on LoL Worlds
The best sites for betting on League of Legends are those that offer plentiful betting options. A good variety of esports specials is a prerequisite for a proper online betting experience. Without it, bettors are crippled and cannot deploy a proper array of betting opportunities as much as they’d like.
That’s why, if you’re interested in exploring the vast waters of LoL Worlds’ specials, we recommend you check out our in-depth League of Legends betting sites guide. Our favorite platforms all offer exceptional variety in terms of esports betting options, but aren’t afraid of tackling conventional sports, too!
They’re considered among the best LoL Worlds betting sites out there and are rightfully regarded as the ideal choices for esports betting enthusiasts. In fact, here’s a quick look at our list of online betting sites with the best LoL odds.
You should still check out our LoL betting guide, even if you already have a good betting platform. Why is that? Well, it doesn’t just list out the best esports betting sites in 2021 but also gives plenty of advice on how to approach your future LoL Worlds betting campaigns.
Interesting Facts Regarding the LoL World Championships
Turning our attention back to League of Legends World Championships, here are some interesting facts that’ll tell you more about these massive esports events.
- The first League of Legends World Championship, objectively the smallest one out of the bunch, kickstarted the whole esports scene and pushed it into mainstream media. With roughly $100,000 in prize money, Season 1 of LoL Worlds was just an introduction for things that’ll follow in the coming years.
- South Korean SKT1 the most successful team in LoL’s competitive ecosystem, and the most successful LoL Worlds team too. With Faker, one of the world’s greatest players, the Koreans won three Worlds (2013, 2015, and 2016) and were runners-up on one occasion (2017).
- The biggest prize pool in the history of League of Legends World Championship was up for grabs in 2018. That’s when Riot Games experimented with something similar to Dota 2’s crowdfunding system for The International. But things returned back to normal with the 2019 Worlds iteration that sported “only” $2.2 million.
- Viewership-wise, League of Legends is still the most popular esports title, with tournaments like the Worlds and MSI slamming the charts. Regional championships are popular too, but they usually don’t come close to top matches on the Worlds or Mid-Season Invitationals.
- Experts predict the upcoming wave of LoL Worlds betting (in 2021) will be the biggest one yet. Even though the pandemic messed up the plans initially, things are starting to look better and we can’t wait to see what sort of LoL betting action awaits later this year.
A Quick Look into the History of League of Legends Worlds
For starters, here’s a look into all League of Legends World Championships’ prize pools, winners, and runners-up.
|2012||$2,000,000||Taipei Assassins||Azubu Frost|
|2014||$2,130,000||Samsung White||Royal Club|
|2019||$2,200,000||FunPlus Phoenix||G2 Esports|
As mentioned earlier, the first World Championship didn’t really have that big of a prize pool, so it’s safe to say it wasn’t a huge success right off the bat. However, what it did do is create a movement. The first LoL Worlds started off the esports scene as we know it. There were attempts before it, many of them in fact, but not one made a bang quite as big as the first League of Legends World Championship.
It didn’t take too long for the game’s esports ecosystem to take proper shape. Regional championship series were quick to pop up, but they were nowhere near the level of organization and production quality they have today.
The biggest jump for LoL’s esports scene was definitely the introduction of fully-partnered leagues. And we’re not primarily talking about LPL, which was the first franchised LoL competition. Instead, we’re talking about LCS’ and LEC’s franchising systems. They paved the way for long-term stability which resulted in a highly lucrative environment that funneled even more money into the industry.
Believe it or not, all of this has some connection to the LoL Worlds betting scene. What gives? Well, if it wasn’t for such a massive focus on long-term stability, League of Legends wouldn’t be able to push esports into the mainstream, and esports betting wouldn’t reach the level it’s at today.
How to Start Betting on LoL Worlds in 2021
The history of LoL Worlds is a rich one, and it comes as no surprise considering the fact the event dates all the way back to 2011. It’s the longest-lasting top-tier event out there, and as such, it deserves every bit of attention it gets.
Luckily, the event is here to stay. Heck, from the looks of things, it will only keep on flourishing, alongside its esports betting scene that seems to be growing more and more with each passing year. If that’s what you’re interested in, but you don’t know where to start, here’s a short step-by-step guide to LoL World Championships betting that ought to help you out.
- Find where to bet on the League of Legends World Championships online! A list of the best esports betting sites can be found at the top of this page. Once you’ve found your match, go ahead and register your account, confirm your identity and all that stuff.
- The next step on your road to your first-ever LoL Worlds betting campaign is the initial deposit. Yep, you first have to get some money in your betting account at LoL Worlds betting sites. Yes, that means you’ll have to share your bank info, but that shouldn’t be an issue if you’ve picked one of the above-listed platforms.
- After getting some money in your betting account, you should start looking for LoL Worlds betting odds. Typically, you’ll find them either as a category or as a separate hub; both are typically near the top of the page somewhere.
- Bet real money on LoL worlds online, it is pretty straightforward. You’ll see a list of available matches and, assuming you want to bet on the winner, all you have to do is press on the team you think will win. When you’re done, enter the stake and place the bet.
- If you’re looking to place esports specials, then your task will be slightly more complicated. It’s nothing too difficult, but you’ll have to keep an eye out on the bet descriptions.
Types of LoL Worlds Betting Options
As you’d expect, LoL betting sites offer plenty of LoL Worlds betting options. Among these betting options, you’ll find lots of specials, AKA prop bets. The better the diversity is, the happier esports betting enthusiasts will be. It’s as simple as that!
If you’re just starting out and you don’t know what to expect from LoL World Championships betting sites, here’s a short list featuring the most popular bets offered.
Team to Draw First Blood
First blood is the very first kill in a League of Legends match. It doesn’t just bring forth extra gold but it also pushes the complexity of the lane in one direction. It can mean a lot in the long run, especially if the second kill comes from the same player/duo on the same lane. As for the bet, bookies offer these specials all the time, although they seem to be most popular during MSI and League of Legends World Championships. The odds are fine but don’t expect anything too fancy.
For a fancier approach, try experimenting with player to draw first blood. They’re much rarer, but they are typically available for LoL Worlds betting. We’re sure you’ll find them on one of the above-listed esports betting platforms.
Team to Kill First Baron/Dragon
Barons and Dragons add an extra layer of complexity to LoL’s gameplay. Both are important global objectives and can push the odds in one direction, especially in late game. Baron is the most important global objective and it usually forces teams to engage in team-fights for the buff.
Why are we telling you all this? Well, we’re just trying to emphasize the importance of killing the first Baron/Dragon, meaning these specials are pretty safe to bet on.
Match Duration Over/Under
Typically, League of Legends matches last around 40 minutes, 10 minutes give or take depending on the match complexity, teams’ playstyles, champion compositions, push potential and so forth. Over/under bets are pretty simple, too. The bookie gives you a rough estimate and you’re supposed to guess whether the match will last shorter (under) or longer (over) the specified estimate.
Match Score Over/Under
The same premise works for this here bet too, with the only difference being the main subject. Match duration was the culprit above; here, we’re talking about predicting the match score. For example, you’re betting on a Bo3 match, which means you’re supposed to predict whether the end score will be under or over 2.5 rounds. In other words, you’re basically betting on whether the end result will be 2-1 or 2-0, no matter which team ends up winning the match.
Player vs. Player Kills
These esports specials pin two players (typically one from each team) and allow bettors to guess which of them will have more kills in the given match. In addition to kills, LoL Worlds betting sites often feature bets on other stats, too. For example, you can bet on stuff like creep score by the 10th minute, the number of deaths, assists, and similar. We’re talking about very profitable bets if you have deep knowledge of the LoL esports scene and both competing teams.
LoL Worlds Betting FAQ
We’re almost done with our LoL Worlds betting guide. There’s just one more thing we’d like to share with you—the FAQ section! We’ve prepared seven frequently asked questions and concise but informative answers about LoL Worlds betting and League of Legends Worlds betting sites. It’s a must-read for everyone who’s just starting out!
That’s why we’ll say, maybe you can, and maybe you can’t? That’s actually the most accurate answer we can give you. You see, getting rich by betting on LoL Worlds is something 0.0001% of bettors will accomplish. It’s not impossible, but it’s highly unlikely.
The best you can do is arm yourself with knowledge and patience… and hope for the best! The worst you can do is “trust your gut” and end up splurging a bunch of money on online bets. That’s the quickest way to financial problems, so don’t do that!!!
You can complicate stuff, though. You can experiment with stuff like accumulators, systems, specials, and whatnot. All these things add extra complexity to your wager but add to the wagering processes, too.