CSGO Major Championships, also known as CSGO Majors, are the biggest, most lucrative—and by far the most popular—events in CSGO’s competitive ecosystem. With that said, it’s no wonder they are the most popular events for CSGO betting. Thanks to such massive popularity, esports betting sites try extra hard during the Majors, offering a much larger variety of esports bets than usual. CSGO Majors betting online is a hot topic not just shortly before they start but all year long… That’s why this page aims to provide you with crucial information about CSGO’s most betting-friendly event!
Best Sites for Betting on the CSGO Majors
If you’d like to start real money CSGO betting, you should do it during a Major. CSGO Majors betting options are, to put it simply, the best. The versatility and odds are through the roof, and there’s nothing stopping you from experimenting with all sorts of specials. Even better, most CSGO gambling websites offer all sorts of esports-oriented bonuses, which makes betting on CSGO majors that much more profitable.
As for the best bookmakers, you should have no issues with finding them. They are everywhere! If you can’t decide, though, feel free to check our thoughts in our CSGO betting sites guide. It’s also a fine read for real money CSGO tournament betting beginners. Whatever your reason may be, we’re sure you’ll find our guide concise and informative.
For everyone looking for sites with the best CSGO Major Championship odds, here are our favorites.
|125% up to $2,500|
|50% up to $1,000|
|50% up to $1,000|
|50% up to $1,000|
|50% up to $250|
What exactly makes these the best sites for CSGO Majors betting? Well, they all have several key factors in common.
- Effective customer support team
- Low profit margins (high CSGO Majors betting odds)
- Plenty of esports betting variety
- Massive CSGO specials variety
- In-depth Counter Strike Majors betting coverage
Interesting Facts on CSGO Majors
- CSGO Major Championships are the pinnacle of what the CSGO esports scene has to offer, which is why it’s no surprise to see them hosted in the biggest and most fascinating places on earth. Thus far, CSGO Majors have been hosted in 10 cities all across the globe, which goes to show you what a massive competition we’re talking about here.
- In total, CSGO Majors awarded close to $10,000,000 in prize money. The upcoming ESL One: Rio Major is set to award $2,000,000, making it the biggest and most lucrative Major ever. Talking about first-evers, the Rio Major will also be the first-ever Major set in Brazil, one of CS:GO’s largest and most electric communities.
- When it comes to CS:GO Majors betting facts, here’s what we have for you! If you bet real money on the CSGO Major Championships online, you’ll have the largest array of esports specials at your disposal. Additionally, you’ll also have access to generous esports-based bonuses that you can use to play around with high-risk wagers.
The History of CSGO Major Championships
CS:GO Major Championships, more commonly known as CSGO Majors, date all the way back to 2013, and represent the biggest, most prestigious competitions in CSGO esports scene. They have massive prize pools (the newest Major is set to have $2,000,000 in prize money), are hosted in the world’s most fascinating venues, and pack only the best teams in the world.
However, CS:GO Majors weren’t so lucrative in their beginnings. The first seven events, from 2013 to the end of 2015, featured $250,000 in prize money. The amount was significantly increased for the first Major of 2016, MLG Columbus, and the trend stuck around all the way to the upcoming ESL One: Rio which will feature $2,000,000 and be the only CSGO Major Championship in 2020.
Here’s a brief rundown through all 15 CSGO Major Championships.
|StarLadder Berlin Major 2019||$1,000,000||Astralis||AVANGAR|
|IEM XIII Katowice Major 2019||$1,000,000||Astralis||ENCE|
|FACEIT Major London 2018||$1,000,000||Astralis||NaVi|
|ELEAGUE Major Boston 2018||$1,000,000||Cloud9||Faze|
|PGL Major Krakow 2017||$1,000,000||Gambit||Immortals|
|ELEAGUE Major Atlanta 2017||$1,000,000||Astralis||Virtus.pro|
|ESL One: Cologne 2016||$1,000,000||SK Gaming||Liquid|
|MLG Major Columbus 2016||$1,000,000||Luminosity||NaVi|
|DreamHack Cluj Napoca 2015||$250,000||Envy||NaVi|
|ESL One: Cologne 2015||$250,000||Fnatic||Envy|
|ESL One: Katowice 2015||$250,000||Fnatic||NiP|
|DreamHack Winter 2014||$250,000||LDLC||NiP|
|ESL One: Cologne 2014||$250,000||NiP||Fnatic|
|ESL One Katowice 2014||$250,000||Virtus.pro||NiP|
|DreamHack Winter 2013||$250,000||Fnatic||NiP|
Astralis is the greatest team as far as CSGO Major tournament betting is concerned. The 2015 Fnatic lineup isn’t too far away, but consistency and domination is the epitome of the Great Danes. Their superiority and the way they’ve singlehandedly changed how the game plays speak more than their four CSGO Major titles, three consecutive ones, and still going strong.
There have been numerous crazy CS:GO major stories over the years, but the one we’d like to point out here is the ELEAGUE Major 2018 grand finals. As you can see in the table above, Cloud9 was the winner in what was a properly chaotic match from start to finish. Faze came into the event with a beast-like roster consisting of some of the world’s greatest talents. That roster was the epitome of a star-packed team, yet they failed to win the grand finals against Cloud9 of all teams. We’re not trying to belittle C9 here, but Faze was by far the superior side. C9’s triumph came as a huge surprise.
CSGO Majors have written numerous fascinating stories. Not only that, CSGO Majors betting online is the pinnacle of what the scene has to offer. It’s the most popular esports title to bet on, and it packs the biggest community of players and fans with betting aspirations. If you’re interested in betting on CSGO, betting on CSGO majors is the obvious way to go!
How to Bet on CSGO Majors Online
Here’s a quick step-by-step guide that ought to help you start your CSGO Majors betting adventure on the right foot.
- Finding where to bet on the CSGO Majors is half of the job here. Find one that has plenty of available esports betting options, low profit margins, and effective customer support!
- After you’ve found where to bet on the CSGO Major Championships, it’s time to make the first deposit using your preferred payment method. This step shouldn’t take too much of your time.
- Next up, you’ll have to find CSGO Majors betting options. They’re usually located in a separate category for esports or CS:GO, depending on which bookie you opted for.
- Once you’re done with all that, it’s time to find the matches you wish to bet on and start investigating stuff like forms, stats, recent results, individual performances, etc.
- Once you feel like you’ve done your best research-wise, it’s time to click that shiny place your bet button and be done with it. That’s it! You’ve successfully placed your first CSGO bet!
CSGO Majors Betting FAQ
We’re not done yet! There are still CS:GO Majors betting related things we need to cover, and we decided to pack them all up into this FAQ section. The following seven questions ought to give you much-needed answers to kickstart your esports betting career.
It’s a pretty straightforward path from thereon out. Once you’ve registered, authorized your email and confirmed your identity, you’re good to go. Well, of course, you’ll need to deposit some money first, but that shouldn’t be a biggie. It’s basically the same process as purchasing stuff online.
As for the actual CSGO Majors betting, most bookmakers have all titles under a single category—esports. Most of the time, it’s either a standalone category or a separate hub. Either way, you shouldn’t have too many issues with finding it.
Once you find the event and match you want to bet on, simply click on the team you think will win, enter your stake, and place the bet. It doesn’t get much simpler than that! Of course, you can further complicate things with accumulators, esports specials, systems and whatnot… But those are for advanced betting enthusiasts.
We’re not trying to scare you away here. Betting on CS:GO Majors can be an awesome experience, as long as you know your limits and do enough research. Being in the green isn’t impossible, you just have to dedicate a lot of time and prepare yourself for the worst.
If, on the other hand, you’re using a lesser-known bookie that’s not exactly reputable, your personal and banking information might be at risk. Never settle with such esports betting sites for the CSGO Majors. Only go for the very best ones out there. If you can’t find them, head to the top of this page and check out our favorites. They’re all well-versed as far as online safety goes, so you might as well give them a shot!
Here’s a list of event organizers that were in charge of running CSGO Majors:
So, yeah, if you’re interested in betting on CS:GO Majors, Astralis is always a good choice!